Skip to content

Marcus Bean signs new contract

2»

Comments

• Used to have to rely on petitions and banners back then

• @eric_plant glory days.

• Four fanzines (ish) back then too. We didn't know how luck we were.

• The lack of apparent activity in the signing market could also be money saving exercises perhaps? Let's be honest, despite the magnificent economic gains of the last two seasons, we are still a poverty club. Just by signing 2 or 3 players in August instead of July can save 2/3 months wages & if we are talking of saving the club a £1000 sum in postage by collecting our season tickets the wage saving added to the NI contributions would have a far greater impact surely?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    The lack of apparent activity in the signing market could.....

Very good point and didn't gape and kashket come in towards the end of August last term? I'm not worried and I'm fairly negative........

• @floyd and long before those heady fanzine days we had the Bucks Free Press, which unbelievable as it now seems was a good source of information, comment and occasionally gossip about the Blues (as we were once known). I should also add that back in those days nothing EVER happened pre-season, although very occasionally an unfamiliar face with a moustache would appear from somewhere (quite often Hendon) at the first friendly.

As to the weird and wonderful world of today, I would conject that neither Tyson or the Welsh lad were considered suitable candidates to be Wycombised and therefore drifted off to try their luck elsewhere. This suggests to me that GA is fairly content with the existing main squad and will probably wait to see who gets flung out to pasture/for development from the Premier league maelstrom when they finalise squads for loanees to fill any gaps and cover for any long term injuries.

Probably a riskier but financially astute strategy and we have done well with this in the past

• And reading my post I have reached the inevitable and sad conclusion that I am a pompous old fart. Sorry

• @bookertease I can remember the BFP being worth reading but only just. I preferred Ringing the Blues!

Tyson was training with us on Friday and doesn't seem to have played anywhere else yesterday, so perhaps not all is as it seems.

• There is always the big chance that Tyson, having spent years on huge money, didn't especially fancy the prospect of being on buttons as a mere squad player at a team he was once the star player.

• Or he is already injured!

• Or that he was rested for Tuesday nights game

• Surely Tyson will be revealed tomorrow (to the surprise of very few) as this season's big name signing.

• Bean sat with Kashket in the Beachdean this evening

• Interesting to read on the official site that Bean had planned to retire from football at the end of last season. Seems his friends and GA talked him round.
    I guess that puts and end to the theory that his form picked up later in the season because he was playing for a contract.
    If he continues to play like he did towards the end of last season and wants to go out on the high of helping us gain promotion, I'm glad we have him around for another season.

• Hear hear @Alexo.

• hear hear hear @Alexo