Skip to content

Marcus Bean signs new contract

Comments

• Well there's some of the budget we were discussing elsewhere gone. If he plays like he did at the end of the season, I'm fine with it, though I'd be hoping we play well enough for him not to be in the 1st XI.

• Delighted, best news of the summer, enforcer to Sam Saunders playmaker, experience is everything

• Good news. A player who does a very unglamorous role for the team. If we play with the holding midfielder in front of the back 2 there aren't many better spoilers to do that role. Also frees more creative players to do their thing.
    Pleased for us and pleased for him.

• Come on @trevor don't let us down...

• Great stuff, after the earlier news at least the day ends on an upbeat note.

• I'm not happy about his desire to get us out of the league. Surely no club should have relegation as an ambition.

• Klaxon worthy comment Congo.

• @trevor 'Mad for fans to celebrate an old player resigning. What is so great about it? No ambition. What has he got on Howard? Poor'
    @rmjlondon 'told you so six months ago...but you all laughed.'

• At least he's showing some ambition, right @trevor ?

• @HCblue said:
    At least he's showing some ambition, right trevor ?

How do you feel about his ambition to get us out of the league @trevor? Do you read that as relegation?

• There are times when I enjoy seeing one footballer pass the ball to a team-mate

• pinball legs is back, announce bean ? biggest joke Ive ever heard.

• There have been better jokes, llike "Ruth is back"

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    There have been better jokes, llike "Ruth is back"

If we wait a season or two longer, "Ruth" could well materialise.

• We wont be going up at all

• Still 2 weeks to go, remember Mawson coming in just before the Newport game a few seasons ago,another striker would be perfect if Kashket isn't fit for the start of the season.

• bring back willimason seems like he rather play for a rival team than us .

• Bit pointless saying bring him back then.

• if he joins them then shouldn't be welcome back here

• So in essence: bring him back, he's not welcome.

• no if he joins them why doesn't he want to come back here ?

• Sorry. I've had to bite. And yes it is getting close to bullying and I feel awful, but....

What the f&@k are you on about @trevor ?

Do you know whether we actually enquired as to his availability? Coming to us may never have been an option

• What have i missed and where is he supposed to be going?

• @robin - here, there and everywhere apparently. But not here obviously, as he isn't welcome.

• edited July 2017

Willi(e) Mason? Wrong sport i'd have thought. Although some opposition fans would argue he'd fit in with our style.

In seriousness though, whoever is behind the Trevor windup, they're relentless I grant you that. To keep such a perennially negative character going for so long must kill the soul.

• I'm pretty sure Trevor is a wind-up, but the Facebook group makes me wonder...

• There's a throng of the usual suspects losing their composure on there tonight.

Not quite sure if their argument is that the triallists are backups, or whether they're key signings. Either way it's all Gaz's fault of course.
    They are geniuses at finding issues where there aren't any.

• I think the protagonist in that particular outburst is the guy who spent much of last season slating Blackman, so no need to take his opinion on anything seriously.

Some entertainment value over there, but pretty sad when you think about it.

• Ah, the impatience of youth. The guy whose rant started the whole 57comment "discussion" is Adam Clift - Clifty on here. He writes very good match reports on Vital and generally has a balanced, reasonable approach to matters but occasionally goes against the tide. The example which @floyd mentions was perhaps the most contentious. I confess to sharing his misgivings mid-season about Jamal Blackman but came to appreciate just how good he was becoming and, to be fair to Adam, so did he and he said so (and reflected this in his marks out of ten).

I think the Facebook lads have become frustrated by the absence of signings (particularly in the context of two important members of our small squad being injured already). But I think (and sincerely hope) they will be more relaxed in a week or two
    as signings are inevitably made. It's important also to remember that the window is open until the end of August and that is the month when loan signings are most likely.

• I expect I had simialar tendencies at his age, luckily that was pre-Facebook.