Skip to content

New goalie shirts.

OMG! Simply disgusting, especially the green mostrosity! I'm off to the options.

Comments

• Agree, dreadful, who allows Barry Richardson to design these things. Apparently there's science behind the designs. Opposition player's eyes will be drawn to the centre of our goalkeepers shirt, yeah right.

• I quite like it to be honest - its something a bit different

• I can only imagine that it would.be very difficult for the opposition player to score whilst vomiting profusely?

• Looks like it was designed by a drunk 6 year old we will be a laughing stock!

• Manufacturer taking the piss, & we thought last seasons too was a joke!!

• Disgusting designs......

• This could harm our chances of attracting goalkeepers to the club in the future

• Jamal Blackman won't be returning, that's for sure.

• In the pics on the official site Scott looks like he is in shock!!!

• who can blame him?

• Awful, truly awful.

• I wonder if that home shirt looks as magnificent in real life as it does in the photo.

• Cant say I like the designs however would be interested to save the science behind it. If it works, live with it. I am sure it will liven up the opposition supporters especially the "home shirt".

I think you may be overreacting a bit. Hard to believe human beings make their choice of where to earn a living on the basis of the design of their uniform

• I was being a bit tongue in cheek Dev

That "science" though - if it's true, then why is only the home kit carrying that design? Do we not want to benefit from that when we're playing away?

Doesn't make any sense does it?

• I had the same thought. It's all about the free publicity isn't it?

• Ive always been a fan a bright keepers kits so quite like them.

• Shame they didn't have the yellow one a couple of weeks ago - we could have sold stacks of them at Glastonbury.

• Fair enough, Eric. Sometimes its hard to tell.......

Brown is pictured in the yellow one with both beechdean and utilica logos on it so looks like that is first choice even when outfield kit change is required. presumably will only see the pink swirly one when the yellow one clashes with opposition dressed in fluorescent yellow with pink blue and red flowers.

• "free publicity"?

for being a national laughing stock?

my phone hasn't been this busy with mates heaping ridicule upon me since our then manager Tony Adams wrote in his national newspaper column that he would drop Wayne Rooney during Euro 2004 (after he'd torn Croatia apart pretty much single handedly)

• same point remains though Dev, even if it's not used as often

• Jokes on them though, it looks great!

• Glad to see the season is starting out true to the usual pattern...

Club launches new kit
    Fans are outraged

To follow...

Fans get used to it

Finally...

Fans quite like it.

• Pink one has weird blue stripey arms and lines in the pink. Its only the sheer psychodelic horror of the yellow one that makes this vaguely normal. Frankly though, its only a GK kit, hardly a big deal and if it saves a goal and wins a vital point, why not.

We are a crap fourth division team. Doesnt do any harm to laugh at ourselves a bit. Chant of "come on you yellows with pink, red orange light and dark blue and lots of other colour twirly bits"

• I think the first choice jersey is absolutely sensational. What a pattern!

I'm also of the view that anything which creates interest in the club has got to be a good thing. In an age where every single young person can access video/photo media on their phone, share it around etc, having a picture that makes a story on its own is a great way to get people engaged in the club on at least some level. If 100 people see the story about the shirt I really don't care if 99 think the the design is balls. If just one of them shows an interest in the club and comes along to the game it was a worthwhile exercise.

And if the science really does give us a minor advantage (it seems to be widely accepted that brightly coloured goalkeeper kits are effective) then I'm undoubtedly in favour.

• @Glenactico I agree, don't really see what there is to be upset about. It's naff as f***, but who cares? Besides, lairy goalkeeper kits are a proud footballing tradition.

Whether we go on to amass a record number of clean sheets, or concede 50 in one game, it'll be pretty much impossible to say for certain how much of that is down to what the keeper is dressed like, but anything that gives us a (legal) advantage is surely worth a try, especially if the only price to pay is 'Dazza from Northampton' saying it looks a bit shit on Twitter.

• I like them. They're supposed to be garish. This will probably be the kind of jersey people are paying silly money for in 30 years time because it's a classic 'keeper kit.

• I don't doubt that there is a truth in the "attention to keepers chest" science. Does the design have to be so wretched? What is wrong with just 1 or 2 luminous strong colours? Why does it have to be like a washing liquid before and after advert? Would it not put off our defenders if so eye catching?

• I quite like the kits but I wish O'Neills wouldn't keep messing about with the colour of the club badge. It just doesn't look right when it's not in blue(s).

• The article on the website reads exactly like the sort of thing clubs put up on April Fools Day I thought

• This is really, really horrible. And changing the colour of the badge is not the least of the outrages. It surely is now obvious that this season's "away" kit is (a) going to be violent pink and (b) going to be worn for every away game, because otherwise the different home and away sponsors make no sense.