Skip to content

Nathan Tyson Returns

Comments

• 35 is old OMG. Good luck Nathan I for one hope it works out for you.

• On a more positive note, here's hoping he can join the select band of golden oldies who've done us a sterling service as they were about to go into their footballing dotage. Cyrille Regis, Simon Garner and a certain G. Ainsworth spring to mind, any others?

• Jamie Bates
    Terry Evans
    Nicky Reid
    Michael Forsyth
    Bayo Akinfenwa (yeah, yeah....I know)

• Nicky Reid?

• edited July 2017

If el Abd is half the player Jamie Bates was we have ourselves a bargain.

• @micra He of Man City fame joined the club from West Brom in 93/94 season under MON.

• Rob Lee was excellent for us at about 40-odd.

• Scott McGleish did OK.

• A good oldun (although 32 is hardly old for goodness sake), is always better than a crap youngun!

• Rob Lee didn't play for Wycombe Wanderers. He played for John Gorman.

• Class never dies they say.Nathan was class for us and alongside Bayo should offer a new option up too.can't be negative about this.

• Just watched today's training video on Facebook at 2 mins 50 secs Tyson not outpacing JJ who isn't the quickest full back as we know.
    On a happier note a v cool goal from Paris at 2 mins 30 sec ( oh and Beano is there as well although the camera does its best to avoid him).

• Fairly sure that it's Kashket that Tyson is up against in that clip.

There's also a young goalkeeper at the far end of some of the clips. I may have missed news on this but any ideas who it could be?

• That would put a slight difference on proceedings!

Tyson not outpacing Kashket would be no slight on him!

• edited July 2017

@Ned_Ludd it's hard to tell from a distance but it looks like it could be A Trialist.

• Is it available anywhere that's not Facebook for those of us that refuse to use Facebook?

• Ah yes, I knew I'd seen him somewhere!

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    Fairly sure that it's Kashket that Tyson is up against in that clip.

There's also a young goalkeeper at the far end of some of the clips. I may have missed news on this but any ideas who it could be?

I stand corrected yes it is Scotty K, in which case he still has pace, which is v encouraging.

• @drcongo said:
    Is it available anywhere that's not Facebook for those of us that refuse to use Facebook?

The club have put it on twitter as well but smaller format is harder to see.

• I assume the thumping 'music' is to hide Gaz shouting 'Oi Trialist! Just launch it...!!'?

• Someone needs to sort out Sam Saunders' hair.

• An entertaining video of the squad. One thing that does spring to mind was how many injuries we had last year and how a lucky break on that front could make so much difference. When you consider the amount of time Kashket, PCH, O'Nein and Hayes (and Saunders never really hit the ground running) and how many points those guys could be worth if they are available for 80% plus of the games and we can start to feel quite good about the season ahead.

• One thing that struck me was the violent pinkness of the training top that Gaz is wearing. It reminds me of Southend's "cherry voltage" strip, which still gives my shrimper mate nightmares. I hope it's not coming to a Wycombe, ahem, change kit any time soon

• @perfidious_albion , noted on your correction (strange to mix the two up as it's fairly close up), but Tyson does get ahead of Kashket anyway!

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub , exactly that. One point off the playoffs, despite the first 2 months almost being a write off due to injuries, plus the month after the cup runs being a disaster too!

We're a fairly tight outfit to play against, no one is going to pummel us in league 2, so it's about whether we can get Kashket and Bayo chances

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    An entertaining video of the squad. One thing that does spring to mind was how many injuries we had last year and how a lucky break on that front could make so much difference. When you consider the amount of time Kashket, PCH, O'Nein and Hayes (and Saunders never really hit the ground running) and how many points those guys could be worth if they are available for 80% plus of the games and we can start to feel quite good about the season ahead.

Agreed. Kashkett, Saunder and PCH playing regularly would see us among the top scorers in the league I feel. Without them we will have to rely more upon grinding out results and keeping clean sheets (although obviously getting it right at both ends is important).

Having said that, nobody expected Bayo to play as often or perform as he did. So we cant assume that if others stay fit the attack will instantly improve.

• @Malone 100% agree with that. We have a good-looking squad and it's arguably a weaker division than last season. Don't wish to sound complacent, but any quality or depth we can add to the squad between now and August is a foxy bonus in my book.

• Here's a thought; The amount of fanfare on the WW twitter feed surrounding Tyson's return is in stark contrast to the secrecy that normally surrounds the identity of our pre-season trialists.

As a proud member of the 2+2=6 billion club, this makes me wonder if a deal has already been provisionally agreed, subject to Tyson first proving his fitness over a week or two's training.

Discuss.

Or don't, whatever.