Skip to content

Myles Weston signs for Ebbsfleet

13»

Comments

• Oh I thought he meant Weston.

• i really hope it is

• Perhaps Trevor's "no one in particular " referred to potential targets rather than the "him" we could do better than.

What is a grown man like me doing with this trite twaddle? I've just read the Hillsborough thread comments where mature minds and interesting arguments about a truly contentious issue are on display and yet all I can offer is a pretty pointless probe into the meaning of Trevor.

I must do better.

• matt done if he leaves Sheffield united or Reuben Noble-Lazarus

• Has Reuben risen from the dead then?

• Weve been linked with a Korean winger goes by the name of Foo-Kin No-Wan

• @bookertease said:
    i really hope it is

You really hope it's going to get sillier or that it's Myles Weston @bookertease?

• 'No one in particular i mean we can look for somoene on the free who is better and who we can try push for promotion with.' Bloody hell...so that's how it works @trevor ? Gaz!! Get rid of that list of crap players who cost millions and have no intreest in winning games. There's a new theory on transfers doing the rounds on the Gasroom...

• @micra the former. There's more than enough serious stuff about elsewhere (quite rightly). Need some total daftness to balance it. Fortunately we have @trevor & @rmjlondon to tip the scales...

• Being located where we are, it's often seen as an advantage that we can attract a lot of the London area type players. So it's quite unusual to see a player become unsettled like this.

Imagine the issues the likes of Carlisle, Hartlepool and some of the small south west teams must have at times

• edited June 2017

It's interesting that both Weston and Wood have gone to the league below. I wonder how much difference in quality there is between the two levels these days - I suspect less than between Leagues 1 and 2, to be honest.

• edited June 2017

I don't get this perception that league 1 is so much better than league 2. The very top end maybe, but the rest I wouldn't say is much different to the best of league 2.

The 4 teams that were promoted from league 2 last season, ended in 8th/10th/15th and 16th.

The 4 teams that were promoted from league 2 in 2014/15, finished 2nd (!),14th,15th and 20th.

So from the last 8 teams that have gone up, none have been relegated, and 7 of the 8 have made midtable fairly comfortably at worst.

This year arguably sees the "biggest" name clubs for years go up, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Doncaster, and Blackpool, in the Premier league as recently as 6 years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 3 of the 4 stay up very comfortably. Blackpool are a bit of a circus so could easily get swept down again.