Skip to content

Comments

• What a team Wycombe had then.

• Goals 3 & 4 would grace a 1970's Brazil @ Mexico team.

• That 3rd goal is my favourite goal of all time

• It was a fantastic day out. Never to be forgotten.

• I remember going for a wander to the PNE end prior to the game and having a laugh and mutual piss take with some Preston fans who let's say had found a pub happy days

• I snapped my acl that morning playing tennis, but refused to go to A&E knowing I would be kept there for hours and miss the game. As it was, I hopped from the back of Gerrards Cross station onto the platform. Fortunately, the train was so packed with supporters, that I couldn't fall over! It was a very very long day with huge emotion & pain swings. A day that will never leave my mind, even with the inevitable onslaught of dementia!

• Related but not same, I woke up on FA cup semi day with a trapped nerve in neck. Meant I couldn't turn my head left, so for 200 miles drive each way could only turn left and then turn around at the next roundabout. When Rhino scored and I jumped up with everyone else, never quite experienced so much joy and so much pain at the same time. Worth it though!

• It's wonderful to look back with light and dark blue tinted glasses.

It was a good match overall, and a brilliant second half display on the day, but across the season there was some pretty dire fayre and backs to the wall stuff. Indeed a lot of the football under MON was effective rather than pretty. He was/is a great manager for getting the best out of what he has available.

Nobody seems to have any complaints about the long ball game for the first two goals. I wonder why?

• Lucky you i never got to see our best years i started watching in 1998

• It's a tough life for a Trevor.

• Yes Trevor, it must have been dreadful supporting from '98. The torrid years in tinpot League 1, the dreadful lows of the League Cup semi-final and the abomination that was the FA Cup semi-final.

• Yeah, but he missed the cup game against Met Police. Might have scarred him for life.

• Yes but when we are all six feet under, Trevor will be enjoying a Chinese owned Wycombe playing in the Premiership!

• I'm planning to be a head in a jar like they have in Futurama glued to my seat in block M of the FA

• How do you think I feel? Only arrived in the area in 2004 - Caught the end of Gormania, Lambert (Chelski Semi-final), A bit of Waddock (before my ST money ran out), back when the bank allowed to see almost relegation, almost promotion, Villa and Spurs, headbutts. It's about time I got to see some glory.

• Of course I forgot promotion under Taylor. Although most people choose to forget promotion under Taylor.

• @mooneyman , what on earth makes you think Trevor isn't a fairly old man himself?

• I've got to see Carlos Lopez at Cambridge and a 20 man brawl at Macclesfield. Why more could you want as a football fan?

• Everyone know the high point of the O'Neill years was that half time parachute display.

• How many were in that brawl at Worcester ('87 was it?). I know a few of the crowd joined in.

• "Lucky you i never got to see our best years i started watching in 1998"

I must admit I feel sorry for trevor missing out on the wet nights at Loakes Park watching the likes of Dulwich Hamlet and Corinthian Casuals. Now they were the real glory days!

• That brawl at Moss Rose was a sight to behold!

• Didn't realise Worcester played at Moss Rose.
    I really do hope the Premier League doesn't become the Premiership @mooneyman.
    Back on the podium. Where's that klaxon?

• @micra No - it was at Worcester which was the neutral venue for our second, or third (can't remember which) replay against Leek in the Trophy that season.

• @bill_stickers said:
    Yes Trevor, it must have been dreadful supporting from '98. The torrid years in tinpot League 1, the dreadful lows of the League Cup semi-final and the abomination that was the FA Cup semi-final.

You had the o'neill years and won trophies we havent had it as good since.

• @mooneyman said:
    Yes but when we are all six feet under, Trevor will be enjoying a Chinese owned Wycombe playing in the Premiership!

You must be old

• @trevor I started supporting in 2001, so no, I didn't.

• @bill_stickers said:
    trevor I started supporting in 2001, so no, I didn't.

April 10th 1998 1.1 draw with grimsby first game i went to .

• You got to see the Sanchez great escape a year and a bit later then?

Magical times. Not all about Wembley glory you know. An escape from relegation can be just as special. Some lifelong memories made towards the end of that season

• Yes, weird isn't it that those last day escapes at Lincoln and Torquay rank higher for enjoyment in most people's memories than the promotion "party" under Taylor.