Skip to content

Scott Brown in talks with Cheltenham

1235»

Comments

• Whoops! Shame I didn't turn the page. Hadn't seen Mr Lynch's post.
    I have the highest regard for Alex and wish him all the best for next season and beyond as I am sure we all do.

• Ha happy to be corrected Alex's dad.

• Indeed @micra. I would have been more than happy to see Alex take over as our number one keeper. If it hadn't been for that unfortunate injury at Plymouth he may well still be our number one keeper.

Alex was called on by WWFC to step into some big games and never let us down. Given the opportunity to play regularly, and build an understanding with the defence, I feel he would have done an excellent long term job.

I wish him all the very best.

• @Chris said:
    Ha happy to be corrected Alex's dad.

Lol it's a funny subject really as I was obsessed with measuring him as he grew up as I'm only 5"10 I wasn't sure he would make 6ft even but there is loads of different types of keepers these days and I would say the mid height i.e. 6"1 to 6"4 types are doing the best ,the ball moves so much and there expected to do much more with there feet etc in all the leagues not just the prem.im sure the 2 keepers that got promoted with Lincoln an forest green are both relatively small but they are both very good keepers and at the top level Pickford looks class at 6"1 and £30 mill!!!
    If your good enough your big enough I suppose, just my opinion tho

• @micra said:
    Whoops! Shame I didn't turn the page. Hadn't seen Mr Lynch's post.
    I have the highest regard for Alex and wish him all the best for next season and beyond as I am sure we all do.

Like I said still follow the results good luck for next season an promotion hopefully!!

• He looked rather small - but that may be due to his rather slight frame.

Stepped in under extreme pressure and while looking very nervous, did us proud. Great shame that injury at Plymouth cost him his opportunity here. Would be delighted to see him do well at Chester and maybe eventually return to the league.

• "....his opportunity at Adams Park" would surely be more accurate, Dev.

• edited June 2017

Good point Micra. None of us are currently physically located at AP AFAIK. Well done.

Good to see you made it safely back down the flagpole.

• Reminds me of some of my better school report comments. I can almost feel your chubby little hand patting me on the head, Dev.

• edited June 2017

Who was the keeper who played late in the season @Adams Park, slight frame, mousey hair/complexion I think. He had an absolute blinder and made a couple of point blank saves from a Bayo header + 1 other. Was he the Mansfield lad maybe?

• edited June 2017

Damn. I was aiming somewhere else and a little more forcefully Micra.

Not sure "chubby" does it full justice anymore, I am sad to say.

• 'going on to make 30 appearances in all competitions, while earning rave reviews for a string of spectacular saves and man-of-the-match performances.'
    I could be wrong but I think that's sort of alright...

• Richie can't be wrong, so you can't be right @Wendoverman. His goalscoring record is abysmal!

• and he's only 4 foot three apparently.

• Not even been called up for Cambria yet.

• I think he's eligible for Hibernia too.

• @DevC probably calls it spot on (for once ;-))
    Lynchy certainly didn't look like he filled the goal very well, say compared to Ingram, but build alone accounts for that.

• A late post as I've been at work, but just wanted to agree that I think Martin Taylor is the best keeper we have had in my 20 years of support. Legend.