Skip to content

Ainsworth to QPR in the summer?

2»

Comments

• @eric_plant I think it tipped into a slim majority towards the end. Certainly where I was watching from. Perhaps my phrasing was a bit strong - grumbling about needing a change might have been nearer the mark. Either way, it's worked out OK.

• If we can get promoted and we then struggle in the league above, then there will be calls again by some for his head, despite what he has done this season, which for my part has almost been beyond comparison. He will have'lost the dressing room' is tactically naive his use of subs poor etc.etc. Ainsworth deserves 100per cent support from all of us next season and for the whole season. He has done an incredible job this season!

• WWFC is every other week the biggest show in town, even with sub 4000 attendances. WDC really ought to help sort out the access problems to Adams Park, which is the number one visitor attraction within the WDC area. They could move some of the factories/offices from Hilllbottom Road, and replace them with retail outlets , imagine the footfall on a Saturday afternoon.

• I think if you are given the chance to take control, make all your mistakes as well as enjoy success, learning how to handle disaster and difficult players out of the 'public eye' (it's hard to get a mention on the Football League show ffs!) it is a great way to learn your trade. I think Gareth is a canny operator. If he can get us up, keep us up and even push for another promotion in the next two seasons, he'll earn hero status again...and increase his worth. I'm looking forward to it. I thought his days were numbered last year, but I felt it was the fault of some of the squad he had, rather than his own skills. This year I cannot fault his recruitment or the team ethic he has imposed. Only worry for me is often not making subs when fresh legs could help...

• My biggest gripe all season is us holding onto 1-0 leads with either 3 or 2 subs still available to make. Make one or two in injury time like other teams do and help 'run down the clock'!

• Agree..seem to take too long making subs when we all can see it's not working..