Skip to content

Jamal Blackman to be released by Chelsea?

2»

Comments

• As I said before regarding the Harriman comment, even though he said it in the heat of the moment, the kind of fans he said it to genuinely aren't worth it.

• Where Stewart blotted his copy book was by not responding to the club about our offer and his agent saying that we must not speak to the player and must only speak to his people. When a 4th division footballer has people there was a sign that things were not right at Team Stewart. This was all relayed at one of the fans forums. If he had said thanks but no thanks I really want to try for a higher level everyone would have shook his hand and waved fondly farewell.

• @bill_stickers , oh i agree 100% with that. They're the type of morons who believe just because they fund 3days worth of a player's salary, that they're entitled to shout all the abuse they like.
    Matey who got headbutted found out what happens when that attitude is continued outside the safety of both a) a mob and b) the ground.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub , if he was as sought after as he and his agent thought he were, then it should have been easy to arrange a compensation fee,and everyone would have wished him well, as per all the other youngsters we've seen move up.

• Stewart came back, played well and worked hard. He did not bad-mouth the club or GA as I recall.

• I'm happy it's worked out for him.
    But we shouldn't underplay his behaviour as something really minor.
    I'd say what Harriman did was very minor. Sitting half a season out to try and force your club to release you for free is a different step up in bad behaviour.

• Course he did. As unless we agreed a fee with whoever wanted him, there was the risk of it going to tribunal and any buying club risked a bigger fee than they wanted.

So naturally he'd try and get the compensation fee down, we refused, and it all spun out a real loser of a scenario for all, but most of all him

• @bill_stickers said:
    As I said before regarding the Harriman comment, even though he said it in the heat of the moment, the kind of fans he said it to genuinely aren't worth it.

That incident was one of the low points for me. That a player who every week gives 100% got shameful treatment from a minority of ,how can I put it politely um PRICKS who think they can say what they like. It was only towards the end of the season and after some terrific performances that his name was chanted. It's idiots like that who don't deserve players like Harriman.

• Let's hope it doesn't cost us him in the summer....

• so we're not keeping Jamal Blackman then

• although sadly not getting him, exactly where does Blackman rank in Chelsea's choice of keeper as in this mornings paper it had a snippet about how they've just given their 3rd choice keeper a new contract ?

• Wiki has Chelsea with 7 'keepers on their books. A bit of guesswork (involving age, squad status and experience) puts Blackman as the 4th or 5th of those seven, probably below Delac but above Baxter or Beeney.