Skip to content

Blooms signs new deal til summer 2018

Comments

• I thought someone reputable had first mentioned it, and Richie did his other thing of just hijacking "known" information and passing it off as his own.

• We know he had a similar clause last year so it's not at all out of the question. Anyone fancy looking up at what number of games it triggered last season?

• Excellently, and I didn't ever notice before, the official website has the answer!

As below. A fair chunk more than he's hit this season

Appearances

Total(sub)

34(3)

League

League Cup

FA Cup

Goals

Total

Read more at http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/team/player-profile/sam-wood/11#MYkaZfbxIfDaHOj1.99

• @braywanderer I am sure because I was there and spoke to the guy!

• @Onlooker said:
    braywanderer I am sure because I was there and spoke to the guy!

So was I and he wasn't there

• @braywanderer so would you like to have a bet on that? How about we do it for charity? Photographic evidence of Sam Wood in the Caledonian Suite at about 7:30pm on Sunday night to settle it?

• Apologies to everyone else if I've missed the big joke!

• Pierre has been leaving since the day he refused to sign the offered contract ! Lets not be deluded and tbh Stewart is the better player this season !!

• I recall reading somewhere last summer that Woody had a clause in his contract at that time which enabled him to invoke, if he wished to do so, another year as a kind of "extension"; which he obviously did. However I don't remember seeing anything back then which suggested that it had anything to do with the number of appearances that he had made.

• edited May 2017

Re. Sam Wood and the awards dinner, I wasn't there but there is photographic evidence on the BFP website: http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/15259588.PHOTO_EXCLUSIVE__The_highlights_from_Wycombe_Wanderers_Player_of_the_Season_awards_dinner/?ref=mrb&lp=12#gallery13

• Thanks @Uncle_T given that other posters were convinced he wasn't there I was beginning to doubt myself until I checked my own photos of the evening.

• edited May 2017

Seems a very arrogant thing to do to argue with someone who saw him there, just because they may not have done, in a big room full of people. Unless they had a little "checklist" of players as they walked around.

• Is it possible that he gets an automatic contract renewal if the club buys him a meal.....

• @DevC I expect you are correct and that is why he maybe wasn't listed on the table plan!

• He is dead Wood anyway and another around 30 years old

• I think you'll find he's exactly 30. And I, for one, would have him in the squad ahead of one or two others.

• Only fair to say bearing in mind the subject of this thread (!), Matt Bloomfield is not one of them.

• Id have him above Hayes yes cos Sam can still run. Tbh Id be struggling to find another player

• all of the likes of WDH/Muller/Southwell/Freeman for certain

• Not really a like for like comparison in most cases. Only Freeman plays the same position, and I like the look of him a bit more than Woody given their respective ages. And I like Woody very much.

• Also fairly irrelevant given that Hayes, WDH, muller and Southwell all have a contract for next season.

• Can't believe we are stuck with Muller and WDH for another season. Well that's two places in our small squad that don't give us room for improvement.

• @Blue_since_1990 I would suggest that they may well all improve in their second season.

• Don't be ridiculous @Wendoverman - any player who doesn't score a hat trick on their debut should be hounded out of the club since they are obviously NBTWAG

• edited May 2017

Anyone remember Sam Wood's debut?

• Was it York away?

• As we know @MindlessDrugHoover League Two is awash with proven high quality players that want to come to Adams Park but our management has refused to buy them!
    FACT!

• @Chris Yes indeed. I only mentioned it because he scored goal of the season that day.

• @Onlooker said:
    Thanks Uncle_T given that other posters were convinced he wasn't there I was beginning to doubt myself until I checked my own photos of the evening.

Ok I might be going bonkers I may have missed Him in all the excitement, I didn't see him walk in when the team was announced also he wasn't in the team foto when beyo called the them onto the stage