Skip to content

Congratulations to Maidenhead on making the National League

2»

Comments

• @Chris do you know any personally?

• Can't say I do, but I (and the people I was getting tickets for) only got tickets through hammering refresh on the website and getting lucky. I can only imagine others were in the same situation and missed out.

• Given the allocation was about 20x our average away attendance, twice our number of season ticket holders and a third as large again as our average home gate, I have to believe that's a very small number.

• Intrigued to know if any of those that are still upset about the Spurs allocation went to the Fans Council meeting dedicated to it? Just wondering.

• @floyd but the very point is that, despite the number of tickets available exceeding 'regular' demand, the process for allocating tickets might not have prioritised the right people. I was probably lucky in this regard having only been to a few home games this year (although plenty more away games) but I definitely fall into the category of wanting to be there to watch Wycombe play.

I'm not saying there are thousands out there who missed out, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't hundreds.

And I'm not particularly critical of the club on this one - it's a tough thing to get right with minimal administrative burden. But my one real problem with the process is that it changed halfway through without any acknowledgment or reasoning being provided. I'd probably be a bit more annoyed if I hadn't got tickets!

• Harry had been at Tottenham, West Ham and Reading before he came for a short spell at WWFC. Don't think we can claim him. Played for Marlow United as 16 year old when they enjoyed a brief spell in the Hellenic Prem.

• I agree @Chris that the process shouldn't have changed half way thru, hopefully that's a mistake the club will learn from when it comes to tickets for the play off final. I would be shocked if 'hundreds' of people who wanted a ticket didn't get one, however.

• One of the people in front of me at White Hart Lane enjoyed himself by squaring up to fellow fans, then fell asleep halfway through the first half until he enjoyed himself all down his front and his mates had to drag him off...I think he had a ticket.

• He 'enjoyed himself all down his front'?! Sounds like he was lucky not get nicked, although in fairness going in at HT 2-0 up did give me a bit of a boner.

• @Jonny_King aha! I wondered why the halftime queue at the bogs was moving so slowly

• Could have been worse - if he'd enjoyed himself all down some one else's front.

• If any of the above...I doubt he would have remembered it.

• Sounds like the boy Marshall's MO all of that. Maybe just some hoarding kicking needed.

• @Malone said:
    Sounds like the boy Marshall's MO all of that. Maybe just some hoarding kicking needed.

Que?

• There's a fan named Marshall @micra. Bit of a hoodlum. Likes to do all of the above mentioned behaviour, as well as kicking hoardings.

come on, this is BWFWHK Basic Wycombe Fan Wannabe Hooligan Knowledge

• Thanks Malone. It did read very oddly but as usual my curiosity knew no bounds and I have now deduced that MO stands not for Money Order or Martin O'Neill but modus operandi. Can I go now, please?

• Since when has anyone called Martin O'Neill MO?

• Since yesterday.

• On Devonshire, and I know this is going to date me terribly, but does anyone else remember him playing against us for Southall before his West Ham career? In my entire lifetime supporting Wycombe, I have literally never seen a player who was so obviously playing at completely the wrong level. He was a hundred times more balanced, more elegant, more in control of the football than anyone else on the pitch. I seem to remember we won 2-0, but I could be making this up.

• I should have checked COTN. Looks like it must have been 18th November 1975. We drew 1-1.

• Seems a good excuse to post this beauty: