Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

2»

Comments

• Probably take up management!

• Ainsworth is so loyal to his players but Hayes + Thompson so often leads to zero shots on target. The late goal with them both off the pitch keeps it interesting for next week though. Someone told me Ainsworths nonsense last week included a quote about it being better to be the chaser. He still has his wish after today.

• Probably less pressure "chasing", but when there's a tonne of teams above, with easier fixtures it's impossible not to curse some foolish lost points, and not being able to crack a win today.

• so the fat lady will sing around 1930 next saturday

• Morecambe were by a million miles the worst team I have seen this season, a little bit of pace Andy purpose early on would've killed them.

However, Hayes gets far too much stick when you think the blunderbus Bean still is on the pitch.

• Bean was man of the match last week. However I agree that probably he shouldn't have played in this game as perversely he is at his best against the classier teams. We need more creativity against the crude football teams like Morecambe.

• Im sorry but GA has cost us today with his team selection. Hayes was absolutely awful and Im huge fan of his but Im sorry time has come to say goodbye and Bean on that pitch was not a good idea and so it proved.
    Sam Saunders what a shift btw !!!

• I thought Bean did OK. Hayes was pretty ineffective. Ellison is a pantomime villain.

• @prufrock_91 April 23: Bean was "imperious".

@prufrock_91 April 29: Bean was a "blunderbus".

I struggle to see how you can blame Ainsworth for playing Bean this week given your comments last week!!

• @aloysius , fickle drone army fare, as it was, is, and ever more shalt be

• Bean was fine. Hayes really poor.

• when GA arrived and saw the surface bean should have been benched and gape in the side as he can control the ball. anyway we won't make it now but we would have done if we had beaten the worst team we have played all season.

• We did beat Chesterfield.

• they were better than Morecambe and even Hayes played well that day !

• Freeman's reward for playing well has been to not play.

• @aloysius said:
    prufrock_91 April 23: Bean was "imperious".

prufrock_91 April 29: Bean was a "blunderbus".

I struggle to see how you can blame Ainsworth for playing Bean this week given your comments last week!!

That's a fair point, and I will concede that Bean has had one good game in the 2 years he's been with us.

I'm not having a go at GA at all for picking him, I'm having a go at the crowd for constantly berating Hayes for attempting to move the ball with skill and guile, yet leaving Bean in the clear when he treats the ball like a steak at a vegan buffet.

The vilification Hayes gets may occasionally be reflected in how he plays, but it's not in line with the easy ride others get.

FYI - if it were up to me, no one would get booed or slagged off properly until after the final whistle.

• No defence for GA today, Cowan Hall put in a weak as piss tackle right before Ellison scored aswell. Weston must wonder what he has done wrong !!!

• Agreed @rmjlondon Some near me were blaming Sido for giving the ball away!

• no Sido has another good game in difficult circumstances, Cowan Hall just waved his leg at somebody in his usual way and Ellison cut inside and smashed past Blackman.
    That was the moment out play off hopes went up in smoke and as side point Ellison might be 38 but Id love him in our side if it was a choice of him or Hayes right now.

• Highlight of the day was the off the ball elbow on Ellison's nose by Jombati. Absolute quality.

• on the bright side the game has excited true supporter and optimist @rmjlondon for the run-in and as a result I feel quite confident about next week.

• its not excited me at all, was a dreadful display when we had so much to gain !!

• er...I know @rmjlondon my point was your dire predictions of doom and disaster usually make me feel a bit more confident about the next game. Don't ever change richie.