Skip to content

Ivor Beeks

2»

Comments

• Can someone put a link to the original cartoon strip in chairboys gas from 87? Nothing has changed.

• If it were put to a vote (& he'd be prepared to accept it) I'd have liked to have seen Martin O'Neill as Club President for a fixed period. I'm sure he'd be really chuffed & which other League Two club could claim to have a current international manager as their President?

• I'm no Beeks fan-the comments on the previous page, and his involvement with Hayes will forever leave a large, large black mark against his name in my opinion.

That said.... I'm lead to believe he is well respected in the game, which may be of use down the line. How much power does 'the pres' hold?

• I can't get worked up about this. For all the Beeks haterz, surely having him shunted off to the sidelines as a titular life president means he'll never sully the boardroom again as an active participant in whatever downfall he may be plotting? A win - win, perhaps?

• Surely Beeks' comment about MK was a pure throwaway line.
    The sort of overly emotional "didn't really mean it" type comment we've all made.

But obviously one that doesn't look great on paper, years after the event, let alone to people with huge bias anyway

• "Wycombe are Wasps, Wasps are Wycombe"....another IB quote.

• At Football Club AGM, when it was a members club, "We will NOT be taking ANY questions on the accounts or the running of this football club, ONLY about 'The Wasps' ". YCNFMIU. Treated the members as mushrooms and had his 'friends' in the funny hand shake club do his bidding. MON would have been an excellent choice AndyW.

• I was hoping that Brian Lee would be offered the post, given his exemplary service to the club, on and off the pitch, and to football in general. He would make an excellent President. I also like the idea of Martin O'Neill as President, he greatly values tradition in football and, as we heard when he came back that evening a few years ago, he was very proud of his time here and still has a lot of affection for the club.

Can someone from the Trust say who decides?

• @HCblue said:
    "George Stokes is innocent" is an anagram of "Greeting in Tesco: nose's OK".

After much thought anyone who could come up with an anagram as good as that probably deserves to be club president

• @Morris_Ital Fortunately for everyone, I am Ivor Beeks.

• @HCblue said:
    Morris_Ital Fortunately for everyone, I am Ivor Beeks.

Noooooo.. now I know what Luke Skywalker felt like

• @HCblue said:
    Morris_Ital Fortunately for everyone, I am Ivor Beeks.

Bit early for Panto but "Oh no you're not!"

• I agree with Steve Peart,Brian Lee would have been a far more suitable choice .Younger fans check his career online .Presumably the title President doesn't come with any power?

• Can't we make Brian Lee patron, like Frank and Jack Adams were?

• T.A.C.R.I.T.E.

• @TheNixonTapes said:
    T.A.C.R.I.T.E.

Not sure I'd agree with that.

• Because it's dodgy agreeing with something you can't decipher!

• @micra I agree . What does it mean?

• They all come round in the end. #BasicGasroomKnowledge

• My ignorance knows no bounds. It's so basic it's not been used once, to my knowledge, over the past five years
    Are you Eddie Monsoon in disguise?

PS I still haven't a clue what it means - unless it is a version of "plus ça change plus c'est la même chose ".

• @arnos_grove Thanks​,Arno's, felt the put down at the end a bit harsh.

• Basic gasroom knowledge was banded about as a jovial insult from time to time. As you'll have deduced from my posts, I have very little basic knowledge of anything. No offence intended.

• You will croak, you little freaks
    When you mess with President Beeks...

• @arnos_grove Thanks,Arnos,none taken.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Basic gasroom knowledge was banded about as a jovial insult from time to time. As you'll have deduced from my posts, I have very little basic knowledge of anything. No offence intended.

Is there a test? god I hope not I'm shit at those at the best of times

• I feel old