Skip to content

Ivor Beeks

is the new President ..... good choice in my opinion !!

Comments

• I imagine this isn't going to be universally popular.

• Natural choice I suppose. What does the Club President actually do ?

• Natural choice I suppose. What does the Club President actually do ?

Buys training grounds at knockdown prices.

• here we go ......... supposed that was to be expected.

• There is no doubt that ILB has done great things for the club. One could argue he was responsible for our rise to the football league.
    Its therefore unfortunate that in my eyes his legacy will be forever tarnished with a couple of questionable moments. The Hayes debacle - nuff said. The secrecy regarding the training pitch - if it was such a generous thing to do why the cloak and dagger stuff?
    However I guess one has to say at least we are not Orient.

• Prefer Donald Trump!

• You're forgetting the appointment of Tony Adams, which was after saying we needed someone with experience of managing in the lower divisions, plus the extension of Sanchez contract after he'd clearly lost his way, costing the club a small fortune to pay him off a few months later. And after what happened with Steve Hayes, I would never have allowed him near Adams Park again. If Beeks had had his way we wouldn't have a football league club tho we have a premier rugby club playing at Booker, on the back of money from selling Adams Park instead.
    President? It's a joke.

• I like this quote

"Ivor has always held the club’s best interests at heart and remains an important part of the club’s progress on and off the field.”

I wonder if they can remember the meeting when 'The secret gang, doubled the interest rate at the last minute on the loan for the Training ground, when the club was on its knees ????
    I wonder where Gary Heath is these days, back with his chums at the Leander Club ??

• I think Ivor wrote that quote himself.

• Fab owned club, who voted / awarded him that role?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Fab owned club, who voted / awarded him that role?

Fan owned, fab as we are!

• They always say 'Never go back' don't they? Obviously nobody said it to him. I assume he does not get any of the fan donated moneys. On the bright side, richie's happy.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Fab owned club, who voted / awarded him that role?

Anyone know what the club constitution says? he may or may not be the best person for the job but do we have a process.

• Bad choice in my opinion. As Morris says, what is the process for electing this post?

• What not George Stokes!

• Should have been the Beast!

• Micky Brooks (Dugouts not bigger enough fame) surely should have got the nod.

• George Stokes is innocent.

• Wasn't that Sham69 ?

• edited April 2017

Good old Ivor...what about allegedly selling the old ground far too cheaply & then realising he'd fucked & up tried to renege on the deal but the real estate agents wouldn't let him wriggle out of it...
    Ivor Beeks, only in it for Ivor Beeks

• This thread was never going to be positive was it LOL

• Wasn't he open to the prospect of WWFC being moved to Milton Keynes?

• @HCblue said:
    George Stokes is innocent.

George Stokes is an anagram of "Geek Tosser Go"

• "Lawrie Sanchez has criticised Wycombe's stay-away fans once again following the perceived 'poor' attendance for Saturday's home FA Cup against Wigan Atheltic. After seeing the gate declared as just under 3,000 Sanchez was quoted in the Bucks Free Press Midweek as saying "This is not a football town. It would be busier if we had a supermarket here. I've given up on the crowd. They generate the money, so they shouldn't come crying at the end of the season when we haven't done as well as they think we should"
    "I've got tremendous admiration for the fans that do come but where are the rest? If they don't want a professional football team there's a few towns that do" Club Chairman Ivor Beeks also joined in the debate by adding "If they don't want football here then perhaps we might have to think about something like that" Midweek reporter Dave Peters added that "yesterday (Monday) worried directors held a board meeting to discuss revolutionary ways of pumping money into the Club including a possible relocation to Milton Keynes, and changing the entire fabric of the club by courting a sugar daddy backer."
    An official Press Release from the Club also stated that Beeks refused to rule out such a move away from Wycombe.
    These latest outbursts have cause more heated debate between supporters who have seen Wycombe struggle to beat Ryman League Oxford City in the FA Cup and after Tuesday evening's 4-0 home game with Stoke City, were without a League victory for over five weeks."

http://www.chairboys.co.uk/onthenet/news_99m.htm#GIVEN_UP

• edited April 2017

Like the USA, we now have a c*nt for President

• @Morris_Ital - "Anyone know what the club constitution says? he may or may not be the best person for the job but do we have a process."

I don't know but I'd assume that the power to appoint a Club President, along with the individuals on the FC Board, would be invested in the Directors of the Trust as set out in the Trust Deed. I wonder if lowly Trust Members are permitted to request to see a copy of it. I expect not.

• Thanks @Cyclops "Viva el Presidente"

• "George Stokes is innocent" is an anagram of "Greeting in Tesco: nose's OK".

• That's good

• Took me 45 minutes since your one!