Skip to content

Hi Donny fan in peace

2»

Comments

• We have had some good news today that Boudry coppinger and Butler should be playing now so a bit better for us

• Is there much street parking near the ground at all

• @thevicar there is absolutely no street parking at all. Rather like the keepmoat pay at the ground or at a factory car park nearby.

• Is it yellow lines cos I can park on them for 3 hours lol

• All the blasted lorries park on the double yellows down Hillbottom Road on match days, so I doubt if there is any enforcement.

• Depends how you define nearby. Plenty of street parking if you're prepared to walk about 10 minutes.

• However, there is a reasonable amount of parking available in some of the factory/ office units leading up to the ground. Average cost: £5. Be there by 2.30pm latest, perhaps earlier if it's likely to be a big crowd tomorrow, to be confident of getting a space. Can also park at the ground but, unless you get out a couple of minutes before the end, you'll be held in for a long time while the crowds are allowed to disperse.

• Sorry: didn't read Midlanders second sentence carefully and realise have just said what he said more long-windedly!

• @HCblue History is a wonderful thing makes you wonder what's going to happen to all these FACTS when those of us interested have joined the great Sing Up Gasroom OAP Pun competition in the sky.

• Park for free at Handy Cross and get the bus in.

• @thevicar said:
    We have had some good news today that Boudry coppinger and Butler should be playing now so a bit better for us

Bollocks

• Can I suggest they stop the team coach at the Tesco just before Adams Park and get John Marquis to go and get some money out?

• Where is everyone drinking lads could be some good banter. I think we have sold pur allocation of 900 but we can't buy on the day so some will be unlucky

• @thevicar said:
    Where is everyone drinking lads could be some good banter. I think we have sold pur allocation of 900 but we can't buy on the day so some will be unlucky

We have an away fans bar just inside the main gates, as a small club please get your fans to come there to do your drinking, good atmosphere, music etc / we need the money!

• Further to @Wendoverman , I'd like to suggest the whole team gets out there for a look around.

• If Doncaster have sold their allocation of 900 I don't understand why any extra fans cannot pay to get in on the day, as the away end holds around 1,800 (doesn't it?). If stewarding and/or policing is the issue then should we not have "allocated" more up front? I think I'm right in saying that we need the money.

• It can't be because we are an hooligan lot cos we are a family club

• Is there a watering hole where we can mix with home fans

• Being all-ticket for away fans doesn't seem to make much sense for the club financially. I can only guess it's on police request, but why insist on something that may result in away fans in home areas when there will be space.

• @thevicar . Not a drinker and don't thus go into the bars at games but I fear, sadly that there's not one where both sets of fans mingle.

It's not you, it's us.

• @HCblue said:
    thevicar . Not a drinker and don't thus go into the bars at games but I fear, sadly that there's not one where both sets of fans mingle.

It's not you, it's us.

There's normally a few away fans in the vere suite/ Caledonian suite

• @Username That's interesting: I checked on the website before replying to get my facts straight and it indicated that only home fans were allowed there. I'll know better next time.

• edited April 2017

@thevicar.
    I should quantify @Midlander's comment on there being no street parking.

I believe he means by "football fan" standard, rather than "someone who is reasonably fit" standard.

ie nothing within lumbering distance, but a fair amount if you're early, or are prepared/have the fitness to walk 3/4-a mile.

If you're not, just pay £5 or so to park at the ground itself (and get out by dark), or many factories (free for all merge into the same road 1,000s of fans wander into later)

• They persecute fans with club shirts but they are not the ones to fight, it is the ones with out the said shirts that can get in it's just not fare at all

• @HCblue said:
    Username That's interesting: I checked on the website before replying to get my facts straight and it indicated that only home fans were allowed there. I'll know better next time.

If there are a large number of away fans and the car park bar is open for them then they tend to be excluded from Vere and Montys

• @thevicar Just put on a jacket, it's cold anyway & mingle. In general, we are all a friendly apathetic bunch, you will be made welcome anywhere at the ground. Unless of course, you continually abuse large centre backs?

• Fans definitely mingle in the Hour Glass unless we're playing the likes of Oxford, Luton or Col U.

• I thought it was only the "yoof" who drink there, as some sort of statement to the club. The club that they love so much they aim to not give them their business!