Skip to content

Match Report - Barnet

13»

Comments

• I nominate Dev as the Gasroom's champion on the basis that he is expendable!

• My opponent will need very long arms.............

• Hang on @username for the longest time the support of the few hundred true supporters who make all the noise was cited on here as being vital to the success of the club..and yet now the jeering of the few hundred true supporters will have no effect whatsoever? I get very confused at the massive/limited effect any group can have.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

Can they really be labelled a "supporter", when jeering & abusing? Not in my eyes. I make a point of shouting encouragement louder in support of any player, that has made a mistake or having a stinker on the day, in the hope that it will help give them a lift. I see abuse or loud open public criticism as only going to make the players day/performance levels worse. To me, that makes me a supporter.

Tbf, I don't think any of them come with the sole purpose of abusing a player.

They come to support the team (and they do- you can't deny that group make a large portion of the supportive noise as well as the negative noise) and get easily frustrated by what they see as repeated poor performances. They're the most vocal in support and dissent.

Personally if I ever join in anything negative it's in the hope the management hears it and realises I'm / a large proportion of the crowd aren't happy. Wishful thinking I know.

• I think it's fine to show dissatisfaction with the way the team is playing when they're playing bad football, though I think that's better aimed at the management team rather than the players. Personally I'm very much against the barracking of individual players though. It's definitely counterproductive, and more often than not completely unwarranted.

On the odd occasion that I do stand in the terrace, it's interesting - from an ethnological point of view - to hear one person begin to slate an individual player and then listen as the sheep around them agree and amplify until within 10 minutes that player is the worst shitbag ever to wear the quarters and needs to be told relentlessly that they're a cunt for the rest of the game. Seems like they're allowed any opinion, as long as it's the one they're told to have.

• agree @drcongo .although I only see the home games as far as I can tell except perhaps for Bayo... I don't think anyone has been consistently on top form this season, in fact some players I admire have had some bad games along the way. Though you can shout your dismay at a bad pass/failed save/poor attempt at a header, I have not seen anyone this season who is 'not fit to wear the shirt' or not particularly bothered or solely to blame for all our three points off the play-offs woes. Some have been up an down, some not given enough game time, some injured. At the end of the day the bucks stops with der Management who pick players, tactics and the time to make subs. I restrict my booing to the officials, the opposition bench...and Danny Hylton.

• Lets get a gasroom gang toget her and go meet them in the hourglass pre match for Cambridge. ...the losing gang can surrender 'fan' status and stay away next season...I'm sure the enature gasroom membership should be more thanew enough to handle 20 drunken fools led by sammond

• @wycombelad, while they aren't exactly a tough bunch, as the average age on here seems to be about 63, I think we'd struggle in fairness

• Surely numbers will favour the old and bald

• Yes, but by the time everyone's got their coat and hat on, and agreed on tactics, it'll be midweek.

• It's ok Mr fishy salmon could be battered!

• With our experience we should be able to play the long game and drink them under the table

• Fun instead guy is the stone Island clad guy with straggly hair who looks like he has had one pie too many....unsure of his name but seriously need to sort his hairstyle out...rather than worry about his clothing, of course who are we to know fishy fashion of salmon

• I think a witch hunt naming random fans is pretty uneasy territory for me.

• I don't know any names really....even appears I got the fishy wrong...but surely when these yping guns mature they will come to the decent forumoney and stop silly anti songs

• @Morris_Ital : "Perhaps I could step forward someone compared me to a young gentleman Jim Corbett at the bowls club"
    More like Ronnie Corbett?

• @Cyclops said:
    Morris_Ital : "Perhaps I could step forward someone compared me to a young gentleman Jim Corbett at the bowls club"
    More like Ronnie Corbett?

lol you know come to think of it