Skip to content

I think we should drop Bean...

2»

Comments

• I too don't understand why Bean gets as much stick as he does, other than he has been seen as a replacement for Scowen and unfortunately for him just isn't the same type of, or as good, a player. So rather unfairly (in my eyes) he gets grief for it.
    I think he does what he's there for very well - with the exception of heading the ball maybe... And I think he does it better than Stuart Lewis would/could have, but it simply won't match up to the performances that Josh put in - which is why his career is blossoming nicely and Bean is finding himself scrabbling around the lower leagues.

• edited March 2015

Bean's at his best when he's reading the play and breaking up opposition moves. There are times when he is unable to get himself in the game and it seems to pass him by. Whether that's because of his shortcomings or because there isn't enough pressure on the opposition from our players further forward for him to latch on to the scraps is debatable.
    I don't think anyone's expecting Scowen-esque performances, though Bean has the capacity to infuriate as well as impress.

• Just give the bloke a chance. We need to be behind all our squad in the run-in. With Sido out we need Nico at fullback and Bean and or Danny Rowe are the obvious deep midfield men.

Get behind this amazing team the good times will not be here forever!

• Marcus is being picked ahead of Rowe & Murphy two players that I think are good enough for a higher level than league 2. I assume Gareth starts Marcus for a good reason. My big hope for Friday is that he has his best game in a blue shirt and finally silence all the doubters.

• Bump! An awful first 45 mins from the Bean. Non-stop giving away of the ball and getting caught in possession.

• @arnos_grove, why replace Bean?, Bean is short of pace, many bad touches and heads the ball literally anywhere, but apparently breaks up play, not very well today.

A few having a mare, but will be very surprised if we make an early changes.

45 Minutes to make amends.

• Bean had a nightmare

• Lads gave it their all, a good M40 derby goals to boot. Well done PNL.

Tactics and personal are key. Murphy, Holloway and Hogan did well considering they came on at 3-1 down. Hopefully we can see these guys playing alongside Hayes and Fred in our next few games.

Lets brush ourselves off and prepare for Burton.

• Bean had a decent game against Luton, but was absolutely shocking today. Made about 3 successful challenges, his 1st touch deserted him, lack of communication & he shirked aerial challenges all afternoon. What I would've given for Danny Rowe in that holding midfield role this afternoon.

• Bean certainly didn't play well today..would have subbed him off..but rest of subs were right decisions..thought hogan looked good..

• Ingram, Mawson, Pierre, Nico, JJ, Woody, Bloomfield, Saunders, Fred, Holloway and Hayes for Burton.

Might as well go for it, as for Bean protecting the back four and breaking up play as in the Makalele role has been dreadful.

• ive had enough now .... replace, give Murphy another go ... yes i know they are different sort of players ... but not been impressed since he got here, personally think he's no better than weve already got

• Why is Marcus Bean being singled out so much on here? Do you really think Gareth would play him if he didn't think he was up to it? Why does there always have to be a scapegoat, even when things are going well? Does it come with the territory of being a Wycombe 'supporter'? Let's just hope he doesn't read this forum.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Why is Marcus Bean being singled out so much on here? Do you really think Gareth would play him if he didn't think he was up to it? Why does there always have to be a scapegoat, even when things are going well? Does it come with the territory of being a Wycombe 'supporter'? Let's just hope he doesn't read this forum.

So you think Bean had a good game? I thought the chants "You don't know what your doing" was due to Bean not being subbed.

It's a forum, for fans views and opinions, haven't got to agree or disagree and I think players are told not to bother with fans forums for such reason. I wouldn't lol.

• Many of the team had an off day today, in my opinion he was no worse than quite a few others. He was probably our best player at Cambridge, did well at Luton, and has done OK in other games. Not spectacular, but seems like an honest player who's getting a disproportionate amount of stick on here.

• Bean didn't have a great game, although he did make some vital tackles. He was far from being our worst player though. Much as I rate Saunders, he had an absolute stinker today and Ainsworth was quite right to sub him ahead of Bean. I actually thought the subs were spot on, Ephraim & Holloway caused them problems towards the end. Just a poor performance today and we caught Oxford on a good day. Certainly no need to panic.

• Agree with you there. Saunders had a far worse game than Bean today, but doesn't seem to be attracting anywhere near the same amount of criticism.

• Saunders worse than Bean, were you watching the same game as the rest of us? When he was moved into the centre after Oxford's second goal, Saunders was running the show along with Hayes! Granted, there were a few sloppy passes, but I felt he was one of the players to make any sort of a difference today! Bean on the other hand was dreadful

• Yes I was, WWFC v Oxford I think.

• "Saunders was running the show"! Good grief! Honestly, I'm not having a go at Saunders, because I think he's a fantastic player and he gave his all yesterday, but by his standards he had a very poor game. Bean was his usual self, he did many good things, which were completed ignored by those who've already made their mind up about him and yes he also made mistakes which were seized on with glee by those same "supporters".

I think I'll trust Ainsworth's judgement and get behind the players, rather than thinking it's a good idea to get on players backs during the last few games of this wonderful season.

• Saunders was poor today and deserved to be subbed. .would have taken bean off as well as he would not score or create a goal when we are 3-1 down.

• Bean wasn't great but that could be said of the entire team. He was certainly more effective than Bloomfield. Defensively that was the worst I have seen us this year. They seemed to get to the by line at will and then when the ball was crossed Oxford players were not tracked and free to slot the ball into the back of our note. They got between Alfie and Nico far to frequently.

• Saunders was excellent. He was running the midfield, a real joy to watch. He missed a few passes in the first half and it seems people have latched onto that and let it cloud their judgement. He's a much better player than scowen.

Regarding Bean, have to agree with dropping him. I'd bring in Murphy who has more energy and strength.

• Salisbury Blue makes a very good point regarding Bean's lack of strength. He was continuously muscled off the ball. I also believe Murphy would provide more energy, especially since he has only played about 60 minutes over the last six weeks or so.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Back the boss, back the team, that's your part to play in the last 6 games, anyone who thinks they can influence team selection by booing and moaning and that this will help us get promoted is dreaming.

^^This^^
    It's been interesting reading the posts on this thread since Friday's game as there have been positive and negative mentions for all of Bean, Saunders, Bloomfield & Murphy - just goes to show that the manager is always on a hiding to nothing as there will always be people who disagree with his team selections and substitutions. Thankfully the majority manage to not act like twats and voice their disapproval at the manager or the players themselves... It's really not going to help anybody when we need to all pull together to hopefully drag us over the finishing line in that magical 3rd (or higher) place.

• @Fidget, This is a forum like no other on the planet, thankfully set-up to discuss issues, air views and our opinions, which is relevant to match going/out of the area Chairboys fans.

Long may it continue.

J