Skip to content

Match day thread: Hartlepool

Comments

• And now he's sent off! What happened anyone?

• Crazy 3 mins from the Parish Council Hall (bookings taken for all occasions)!

• Good win. The usual suspects who think we are "shit" might be quiet tonight.

• Very good win today. Picking up nicely again, though injuries to Bayo and Pierre are worrying.

• What happened to angry Paris - did he 'get in someone's face again'?

• Sounded like a solid win overshadowed by injuries and a silly sending off. At least we are still in the running for a play off spot.

• Good to see Saunders get a game.

• A clean sheet and a win away from home makes a perfect Saturday.

• How did Muller and WDH get on and was Saunders back to his best

• Is it right that PCH got a second yellow for taking his shirt off?

• The Club and the BFP seem to be saying that he got a Red Card. The BBC say there were two yellows. Is the BBC right for a change??

• Probably a bit warm up in Hartlepool so perfectly reasonable to take your shirt off!

• The Club have now confirmed it was two yellows so only the one match to be missed.

• Seems like the second yellow was for an incident after the final whistle, so he may have kept his shirt on.

• edited March 2017

After the final whistle? That'd be beyond idiotic.

Hope Bayo, and Pierre are fit for next week! We're on another run!

Sounds like Weston has picked a terrific time to start showing his best form

• Pretty certain he was off before the final whistle by a few minutes. That was my perception from listening to player. I did only have a half ear on it as I was doing my VAT returns at the same time.

• Paris was sent off for two yellows. The first one was for a deliberate handball and the second was for an altercation during injury time. In between all of this he scored a rather fine goal too!

• I thought it was a straight red but might well have missed the ref showing the yellow.

Saunders was very influential, Weston my man of the match. Still not entirely convinced by WDH or Muller.

• And it was for scrapping off the ball - I didn't see the start of the incident.

• shame as we probably need him with the possible loss of Bayo. Really good to see Saunders get a real chance to show his worth. Weston, if he can remain fit, will be a real asset during the final run in. Did we stick with 4-3-3 today?

• The goal highlights are up on Sky. http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/10807189/hartlepool-0-2-wycombe. Clearly show that PCH received second yellow for scrap during play. Also, we scored 2 very good goals!

• The Hartlepool player threw a punch at Paris during the 'altercation', isn't that a straight red for violent conduct?

• It is. He got a yellow. Lucky lad.

• The Vital report says that PCH got a second yellow whilst their player got away scot free! The beeb corroborates it. Refs, eh? Who'd av em?!

• The Hartlepool defender, Scott Harrison definitely got a yellow card.

• It's flourished very quickly by the referee after he's dealt with PCH. Confirmed on BBC Sport App.

• I think people are letting a win and clean sheet blind them from smelling the coffee.
    I know I'll get cyberbullied for this but has anyone else noticed Blackman hasn't scored a single goal this season and we are depending on our strikers. I mean I like Gareth and everything, but someone needs to point it out. I mean a few points off the play-offs with some winnable games coming up? Is this really where we want to be? (Is this okay? Too wordy? I'm assuming the usual moaners are on holiday.)

• Yet again, there appears to be a lengthy internet outage in the street of a well known cyber bullying victim. Let's hope the club does the decent thing by losing a game so that connections can be restored. #PrayFor2015

• edited March 2017

Never mind all that @Wendoverman, I think it's disgraceful that we haven't seen any fans being given a start, or at least an appearance off the bench.

Aren't we supposed to be a supporter-owned club after all? There's a bloke on the terrace who apparently scored 18 goals in his 5-a-side league last time out and he hasn't had so much as a scout report from Ainsworth.

Sack the board.

• Preach it @arnos_grove ! I know what you mean @bill_stickers the fans are already moving quicker than the ball boys to return the ball...the least the club can do is give them the five minutes they give to Sam Saunders at the end of a match.