Skip to content

Match day thread: Colchester

124»

Comments

• Didn't go last night but having viewed the highlights, that 2nd yellow for JJ is one of the most blatantly incorrect decisions I have ever seen - appalling

• when did jj get sent off a month ago?

• He didn't, my mistake

• I'm no fan of Mr. Kettle and last night he gave another shocking display of ineptitude but, in his defence the JJ decision was certainly heavily influnced by the lino waving his flag vigourously. A great pity that the other lino failed to do similarly on the numerous occasions when fouls were committed by the Col U defence.

• and Danny Rowe can be recalled and play for us after 28 days which have long past.

• Why less than 300 for a fairly local away game? I was more disappointed by the turnout than anything else. I'll be at Accrington but suspect we will be in double figures if we fail to bounce back on Saturday.

• Just interested in why people didn't go. Plenty saying they didn't but not why.

• The difficulties, complexities and alternative choices of modern life dear Onlooker. I thought 300 plus from Wycombe wasn't bad and were in good voice for a while until realised they were witnessing a Ken Loach film. What put people off? Work, school, college, taxes, children, Essex, style of play? The official coach left at 4, the independent at 3. Not easy if you don't have a loads of time. Cost? I blew £70 and hardly had any loose change left for reefers and a loose woman by the time I got back. And I don't even do that! And then everyone this morning at work gushed at the feast of attacking football on TV. Bastards...

• It's over a 100 miles door to door. Only sensible option is by car if you have time & work limitations. As already me toned, cost is prohibitive if travelling on your own and £70 sounds about right as eating on the hoof would be a limited option. Hardly a local midweek derby!

• Jacobson only has to get through three games without a booking before the 10 yellows cut off.

• @Midlander Just to clarify - is that 3 games from when he comes back from suspension, or 3 games 'from now'?

• Accrington, Grimsby and whoever we have at home on 11th

• he has mistimed so many tackles this season very unlike him really. I wonder if some players are playing with injuries tbh

• @rmjlondon said:
    he has mistimed so many tackles this season very unlike him really. I wonder if some players are playing with injuries tbh

One or two certainly have been but I didn't think JJ was one of them. Somebody told me on Saturday that Scott Kashket has been receiving intensive treatment for most of the season which makes it all the more remarkable that he played as many matches as he did during the purple patch.
    Unfortunately, I have a feeling that his prodigious goalscoring spree may have persuaded the management team to depart from their usual policy of not risking a player who is carrying an injury.
    Of course the gamble may well prove to have been justified if we do make the playoffs. We most certainly wouldn't still have that as a realistic prospect if the gamble hadn't seen taken.

On the matter of JJ's suspension(s)(Saturday guaranteed) and potential for another couple of games at a later date depending on which, if any, of the three subsequent games (Accrington, Grimsby and Blackpool) he plays in, @Midlander is correct in what he says insofar as 12 March is the EFL cut-off date for 10 yellow cards. In other words, if Sido, Woody or whoever has a good game on Saturday, there could be a case for prolonging JJ's
    rest in order to reduce the risk of his missing the Big One against Plymouth on 14 March.

• They are all big games now and we really can't afford to leave any of our best players out if they ar fit and eligible to play.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    They are all big games now and we really can't afford to leave any of our best players out if they ar fit and eligible to play.

Fair comment.

• Agree that with 14 games left, every game is run in time now.

Hopefully we can break the terrible run today, then maintain it through the quick fire Accy/Grimbsy double.

If we can, it'll look pretty positive having 7 of the last 11 at home!