Skip to content

Match day thread: Colchester

Comments

• So embarrassing....the last month has been .

• Season is over I fear .

• Yep. I would be very surprised if Wycombe were to go on to be in the top seven at the end of the season.

• I wouldn't write us off yet. We have a long run over the next 8-9 games where all but one or two games are against teams in the bottom half. So plenty of winnable matches.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    So embarrassing....the last month has been .

Despite the 'sensational' GA?

• Trouble is we can't buy a win to start another run going. Certainly not time yet to say the season is over, but for sure we need 3 points starting Saturday.

• When was the last time we made any headway with a lower placed team.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Despite the 'sensational' GA?

I am worried that you are a stalker #willbecalling999

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    I am worried that you are a stalker #willbecalling999

I am worried you've messed up your meds again. Just one blue pill unless it's a full moon #howl

• This intense period of games was always going to be very difficult and test a thin squad to the limit. Mental and physical tiredness seems to be taking it's toll. We have to keep on believing though. Lucky (wise move?) of JJ to get a second yellow and thus reduce his ban!

• We seem to have lost the winning habit. Performances seem ok, but we can't grind out the victories as we were a month or 2 back. We're certainly not out of the play off hunt, but it's vital we get something, ideally 3 points against Crawley on Saturday.

• @arnos_grove said:

Great comeback #stalker

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    So embarrassing....the last month has been .

Thanks for that Yoda.
    Still, I guess it makes more sense than this:

@Wwfc2015_ said:
    Go we ar3 so shit!!

@brittanywanderer said:
    When was the last time we made any headway with a lower placed team.

Don't know, but I'm sure you'll be along soon to tell us how shit the management team are, with your thinly-disguised vendetta against Gareth Ainsworth.

• @Wwfc2015_ Back to the Bullshit I see?

• For what it's worth I am very happy where we are at present, the dip in form does make me sad but overall it is what can be expected from such a huge fixture list pile-up. The facts are this, the cup runs have absolutely exhausted our already depleated squad BUT we are in a much better financial position than we were prior to them. I think the main aim of the club has always been stability over anything else and we are very close to reaching that target, this run however has shown that we lack the defensive quality without Pierre and when he goes in the summer and he will, we will struggle to fill the void left by his departure. That being said I am much happier that we are where we are when compared to the shambles that is happening at Orient.

• I don't do Vendetta's I just like to see the bigger picture.

• @brittanywanderer 2nd January v Newport

• M3GM3G
    edited February 2017

The last month hasn't been embarrassing!! That is probably the most stupid comment I have ever read on a football internet forum - "So embarrassing....the last month has been" When a team has played 4 out of 5 games away from home and we were only really poor in one of those games unless I am missing something. We were hardly pulling up trees before, but we were getting the results. No reason that wont come back over the next few games.

• Good to see the two chief resident doom mongers back in force. Then again, I managed 30 seconds of the Facebook page before having to run away and hide under the stairs, despairing at humanity.

The last few weeks have been disappointing, and I imagine no more so than for Ainsworth and the players. We got a string of injuries close together that upset a relatively settled team and it's had a predictable effect. Who knows what the next few games will bring and if a fit Kashket back in the side will change things round; maybe Southwell will return and make a difference. Whatever, the season is very far from over. Just look back at where we were in early October.

• I'm sure once we start playing one game a week we will get back to winning ways, apart from the
    stevange game we've been playing pretty much the same since the start of November the performances have been consistent give or take, there hasn't been too many stunning performances nore terrible ones.............kashket to come back asap would be a bonus plus Dale

• Tonight was horrible. We started badly but after they went one-up we had most of the territory without making any decent chances and early in the 2nd half with the wind behind us, I really thought we were going to make a comeback. But then a final half-hour of mindless, pig ugly football, long hopeful punts to a closely marked Akinfenwa with Paris lacking in confidence/judgement and Alex K wondering why the hell he left Watford reserves to play prehistoric football.
    Yes, small squad, yes, too many games, yes a team who give 100% and yes we may improve again to make the last few games interesting. But in the meantime...why don't we try something radical and play to feet?
    First time at their ghastly lego ground...the Romans would be turning in their grave at how Essex construction work has progressed since 200AD. And can we raise any money to take out their mascot?

• Be careful Wolfgang, you might see the ugly side of of the replys if you try to say anything that might sound critical in any way.

• Welcome aboard Wolfgang. Can't see too many people doing anything but agree with that assessment.

• Just seen highlights. How on earth was Jacobson sent off? Looked a perfectly fair tackle and even if it wasn't didn't warrant a booking.

• He's been sent off twice now in about a month - strange considering he's not that sort of player at all. He's not been sent off for Wycombe before as far as I recall, and I bet he's not had many in his career.

• Brittany, you need to learn the difference of being a dick and providing constructive critisism.

Wolfgang falls into the later.

• When you're winning it's easy to be forgiving of the "style" of football we play, but it sure does make losing even harder to take than normal.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10777204/colchester-1-0-wycombe

These highlights don't make for positive viewing, every attack of note we have is from a long direct ball.

Our play is one-dimensional and predictable. If you can stop Akinfenwa you can stop Wycombe right now. Saunders can offer us so much more than our play allows.

• Seems strange that the plan is now to hit Akinfema's head every time. Works so well when its played into his feet and he brings people into play. Didn't happen at all last night.

• Totally lacking in creativity and imagination by the sound of it. Something has to change. And quickly.
    The sound of frustration and, above all, disappointment. Not despair. Not yet.

• re:JJ, as soon as he got his first (harsh) booking the col u manager called his sub back from his warm up to send him on. Seemed like a plot to get at a full back who is on a yellow, which is a pretty good tactic really