Skip to content

Wycombe Wanderers FC captaincy

2»

Comments

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2017

I for one would be cock a hoop if Hayes or Jacobsen lifted the FA Cup next year

• I do tend to think when Hayes is playing that he is not the player he used to be and will admit that I had, metaphorically, to eat my hat at White Hart Lane, having moaned before the match about his inclusion in the team. Regardless of what I may think from watching him play, though, the statistics for this season suggest that his presence in the starting line-up of the team does have a significant positive impact:

With Paul Hayes - Win % = 59 - Lose % = 23
    Without Paul Hayes - Win % = 35 - Lose % = 45

• I'm sure everything @Malone says is right, but it can't be a coincidence that we struggle to win games in which he doesn't feature...

• Of course, any negative talk towards Hayes is also down to how terrific he was 2 years ago! That's the real shame in all of this.

Personally, after ignoring many people's comments on him, especially last year when we "presumed" he was playing with niggles all year due to his output, I can't fight the feeling that he is pretty shot away now physically.

If a ball falls nicely for him like at Tottenham, of course he's still got the ability he always had. But influencing things with mobility like 2 years ago? Not much.

• edited February 2017

@Uncle_T . I dare say that is one of those quirks of stats that can prove anything.
    It's been a funny season. He, like a few others were injured in our worst run of form, and I'd suggest it was the overall basket of players out that contributed to things, not necessarily him being out.

And while he started a lot of the winning run, he was subbed most games, and no one could argue he was as influential as Bayo or Kashket. Surely.

• He was at White Hart Lane Malone!