Skip to content

Train information on Saturday

Due to the large number of supporters expected to travel to White Hart Lane on Saturday by Train.
Chiltern Railways are advising if possible to purchase your rail tickets before the big day, as large queues are expected at HWY. Its also advised for those travelling from Princes Risborough,Beaconsfield and Gerrards Cross.
Travel cards from High Wycombe are £23.40 return, but if you travel together in groups of four the price will be £46.80 (£11.70 each)
Groups of three travel cards total cost will be £46.35 (£15.45 each).

Please note these offers are only available from ticket windows, and not Ticket machines.
HWY ticket office opening hours Mon - Friday 05.45 am - 20.30 pm. Saturday the office will open at 06.00 am.

Comments

• £23 for a day return 40 miles up the road is obscene IMHO.

Nothing to do with football, but fancied a rant.

• Trains from Liverpool Street to WHL depart every 15 mins from platform 3 taking 22 mins.

Unfortunately, I think Northumberland Park is closed due to engineering works which will increase the burden on WHL.

On the tube, use the Victoria Line to Seven Sisters (Walthamstow final destination).

From there you can walk (25 mins), get a bus (northbound/Edmonton - number usually ending in 9), or turn immediately right at the top of the escalators at the undergound foyer and follow the signs for the overground - platform two. Then 5 mins on the overground to WHL.

• On the hour, quarter past and half past the hour.

• @TTID many thanks for that info matey.

• good call @sandsexile.

Myself and a pal are likely to be a double act, need a couple of extras to make a 4.

• M3GM3G
    edited January 2017

@TTID Tottenham Hale walk time? Can you go down by the Marshes?

• @Wendoverman said:
    TTID many thanks for that info matey.

No worries. When you leave WHL, for the ground turn right, walk to the High Road and turn right again. Can't miss it. 5-6 mins.

For the Irish Centre, cross the road, turn left and immediately right into Pretoria Road. 2 mins.

For the Antwerp, turn left, second right into Beaufoy Rd and turn right at the very end into Church Rd.

For the Beehive walk from Seven Sisters.

• @M3G said:
    TTID Tottenham Hale walk time? Can you go down by the Marshes?

20-25 mins. It is fractionally and I mean fractionally closer than Seven Sisters but not as direct.

• Half hour from Tottenham Hale unless you're giving it the Harold Bishop

• I used to live in Walthamstow so when I went to the Lane I usually walked from Seven Sisters...did not seem to take so long...but I was younger then.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I used to live in Walthamstow so when I went to the Lane I usually walked from Seven Sisters...did not seem to take so long...but I was younger then.

At my age I have to break the walk up with a pint at the Beehive. If you walk at 6 miles an hour you can do it in 15 mins.

• Walk...beer...walk? Hmmm...sounds like a plan.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Is Bruce Grove nearer for the pub?

Nearer for the Beehive yes.

• Not strictly - at all = train information, but @TTID, on the subject of pubs, is there anything North of the ground where (well behaved!) away supporters would be accepted? I think the ones you've mentioned are all South or West? I'm bringing a car of 6 people parking on someone's driveway 20 minutes walk to the North...

• Gilpin Bell? You might have to ring and ask. Only ever been in there 2 or 3 times and can't remember if I have seen away fans.

Alternative, find a cafe that serves alcohol...they don't, in my experience, discriminate against away fans.

• La Barca fits that bill if you are walking up from Seven Sisters. Traditional Albanian English cafe ;-)

I like it.

• Irish centre is the most Northerly of the ones I mentioned prior.

• Thanks @TTID, much appreciated. Given the make-up of our party food may be at least as important as alcohol!

• @TTID any idea what the question are like for trains North to cheshunt after? Are they smaller than going back to town?

• *queues. Spell check!!

• Generally shorter. I was going to suggest to those that are driving to stop in Enfield or Turkey Street and getting the train the rest of the way.

If you park near the ground it will take at least 30 mins to get away anyway. So a good option.

• Going to give cockfosters a go and park there and tube down..large car park £2 all day.

• Cockfosters - Finsbury Park (Piccadilly Line) - Finsbury Park - Seven Sisters (Victoria Line).

• Was going to do Tottenham hale..seven sisters better ?

• Same distance in miles but more direct and more options from 7 Sisters. Bus (number ending in 9) or 5 mins on the overground to WHL.

• @TTID does the W3 still run from Wood Green across to WHL? I was thinking of taking that route (for sentimental reasons more than anything).

• @Aylesburyblue I would definitely go via Seven Sisters. As @TTID says - about 25 mins walk but straight up the High Road and no chance of missing a turning.

• TTID
    Having looked at Parkopedia, I am considering driving to Theobalds Grove, where I believe there should be street parking. Do you have any idea on the wisdom of such a plan and also how early one would need to get there.

• And any info on the North Middx hospital?

• @Thicketblue I am also going from theobalds grove, there is a decent size car park and if the worst comes to the worst there is always cheshunt 5 minutes up the road. Then train is only 15 minutes to WHL.