Skip to content

The Opposition View

2»

Comments

• @RITM lighten up for God's sake. Hylton bends the rules as far as he can until he can't get away with it. We have had our own that have done the same (Gaz penalty vs Crewe, Gaz hand ball goal vs Shrewsbury as examples). Like Ellison, Hylton is a pantomime villain who does what he can to get an advantage. They are both nuisances to all defences and who most teams would love to have playing for them. We even tried to get him in the Summer.
    Let's also not forget that we have a reputation for being cheats (largely unfounded) and some of our players do have a habit of falling over rather easily, Bloomers this season springs to mind

• Where was it on his body

• A shoulder in the face I think

• @JohnnyAllAlone I will not 'lighten up' when talking about this pathetic excuse for a human being. Lots of footballers cheat. Paris Cowan-Hall was a disgrace on Saturday for the first 20 mins for example.
    My problem with Hylton is not the diving per se. It's all the historionics around it. The rolling around. The feigning injury. The very deliberate attempts to get fellow professionals sent off. His complete lack of regard for his own team mates too.
    The man is scum and can't be judged against the usual cheats we see week in and week out. He cost his side two points on Saturday.

• The fourth official had to call the ref back about one of the Luton decisions he let go...so it was not all fantasy on our part!

• @bigred87 All I can say is, keeeeeeruuunch booooooom!!!!!! Was a sight to behold plus I actually heard it, a thing of beauty. Just what that Phantom of the Opera wannabe deserved.

• Hylton knew exactly what he was doing when he celebrated their goal amongst our players walking back to the half-way line. You can just see him in the highlights turn and say something to Pierre as he starts to walk back with his arms outstretched. He then pumped his arms out and yelled a couple more times whilst deliberately walking back in the middle of them. That's what he does best - a complete wind-up merchant. He was constantly in Pierre's ear for the whole time he was on the pitch.

It almost worked too, as the challenge by Pierre when he absolutely flattened him - whilst most satisfying to watch - was most ill-advised as it could potentially have seen him missing the Spurs game if the ref had deemed it worthy of a red.

The sad thing is that he's not actually that bad a player - his movement is good and he seems to have a decent footballing brain, just a shame he acts like a complete knob all the time.

• On Saturday my mind drifted off, to temporarily dream of Gary Smith launching one of his horrendous two footed challenges on Hylton. Diving Danny despicable cheating brings the worst out in everyone. One day he will get his long over due just deserts.

• I know this sounds awful but the thought has gone through my head so iv got let it out......if we meet luton again play offs etc. I'm thinking of going in the old main stand and chucking a cup of piss over hylton..........sorry chaps

• Can we bring Jason Cousins out of retirement for the next game against them...

IMAGE ALT TEXT HERE

• Im normally well mannered and chilled out but on Saturday for 70 odd minutes I was the opposite he just brings out the worst in people

• @ChasHarps Thank you for that image. I can now see and hear it too. Very satisfying

• The best thing about that clip is Keith Scott appealing to the ref. What can he possibly be saying?!

• @braywanderer He brought out the worst in me too. Having spent the past few seasons in the Family Stand I have become expert minding my language. On Saturday, however, after an hour or so of Hylton's gamesmanship and whilst amazed that he had not been sent off for an obvious and clearly intentional elbow on JJ a couple of minutes before, I couldn't contain myself any longer and let fly loudly with the 'F' word when he went down again and got our player booked. I apologise wholeheartedly to any parents and children whom I may have offended but, such was the extreme provocation, the words were out of my mouth before I even knew I was saying them.

• @Uncle_T was it you that Nathan Jones was swearing back at?

• @Uncle_T as you were in the family stand and I was in the terrace l missed Pierre taking out Hylton please describe in as much detail as possible what happened. there was much jubilation from others around me seeing him poleaxed on the turf

• Sorry @Uncle_T I was referring to our supporters in the Beechdean who were sworn at by Mr Jones.

• @Onlooker said:
    Sorry Uncle_T I was referring to our supporters in the Beechdean who were sworn at by Mr Jones.

He has no class we obviously rattled him especially with his insane ramblings after the game

• @braywanderer From my vantage point it appeared that Pierre barged into him at pace - no raised arms or elbows, just a shoulder at about chin height - to block him off. Given Pierre's high mass it must have been quite an impact; it certainly sounded like one, with a big slapping sound clearly heard in the stand.

• I saw Mr Jones getting irate...what was said to him that upset him so?

• @Uncle_T said:
    braywanderer From my vantage point it appeared that Pierre barged into him at pace - no raised arms or elbows, just a shoulder at about chin height - to block him off. Given Pierre's high mass it must have been quite an impact; it certainly sounded like one, with a big slapping sound clearly heard in the stand.

Thank you
    I'm going to print this paragraph and pin it up on my wall to remind me what a prick Hylton is