Skip to content

The Opposition View

Comments

• I guess most did not watch the same game as I did, Lolinwood being an exception. Btw where is Lou...en as this was the town they kept chanting

• Maybe they should ask themselves why Hylton is universally detested by every opposition fan. We can't all be wrong?

• Luton fans are like Luton the place and hylton - vile .

• Say what they want about us but the stats don't lie for Luton - 59 yellows and 6 reds already this season, the worst in the league. Horrible dirty team.

• Big contrast between the interviews from Gareth and jones on 3cr. Jones moaning about how very direct and physical we were he sounded rattled, blamed everyone bar themselves for not winning,no class. Gareth on the other hand was full of praise for Luton and that disgraceful Hylton. Probably a bit too much for my liking. I can't stand these so called bigger clubs who think they are entitled to 3 pts every week and then bitch and moan when they don't get them.

• I quite like this one You try playing and refereeing a game at the same time, especially when you're as ancient as Paul Hayes. He did well to last as long as he did.

• Very blinkered fans..personally thought the ref did well.moan about wwfc players going down..not a thing about their own!

• They thought they were going to carry on where they left off on September. We have come a long way since. Even at 1-0 down i felt we could get something. shame Scott's effort didn't just bend a bit more.

• They should have been down to 9 men but typical Luton just blame the ref if they dont win. Crap support aswell only got one song.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Say what they want about us but the stats don't lie for Luton - 59 yellows and 6 reds already this season, the worst in the league. Horrible dirty team.

8 red and 68 yellow.

• Danny is not a diver he just suffers from a rare medical disorder that causes the muscles in both legs to give way whenever he enters an opposing penalty box and his attitude is due to medical incompetence the midwife misdiagnosed which end of the umbilical cord was the twat

• Some wonderful hypocrisy in those comments! I know we're no angels and I don't think many Wycombe fans would claim otherwise, but the stats yesterday say it all really. They were the only side to have a player booked for diving and they were the only side to have a player sent off, for what was a pretty dreadful tackle. And no matter what they say, Hylton was very, very lucky not to be sent off. Actually, his booking was probably quite soft, but there were at least 3 other incidents for which he could easily have had at least a yellow card.

I tend to agree, that I thought the ref had a reasonable match, as it must have been an extremely difficult match for him with so much going on. Bar the leniency on Hylton, I didn't think he got too much wrong.

• Fair comment @Wycombe85 .

• To be fair if you were from Luton you would be deluded too . Have worked there recently what a crap hole and the people are predominantly rude and arrogant. Very similar to reading and oxford supporters

• Trump'esque comments. Despite having a player booked for diving. Despite having 5 yellows and 1 red. Despite Hylton having to be taken off because he was going to be sent off. We are the cheats and the physical side.
    Keep dreaming big Hatters. One day you will get that Kola-Dome you so wanted all those years ago

• Hylton is a proper pantomime villain. When they scored he just wandered amongst the Wycombe players winding them up as the rest of the team celebrated. Then he wonders why he gets some stick afterwards. Mind you it all added to the atmosphere and in truth he is a half decent player without all the acting.

• @marlowwanderer ,I thought that was what he was doing on first glance, but he didn't actually seem to be saying anything to them. And a vague quick arm in the air towards his fans didn't seem too scandalous either.
    I think he was way too cowardly to do what you suggest, as he'd have been quickly faced with loads of strong aggressive types in his face with no backup. Not his style

It looked more that he was too knackered or couldn't be bothered to race the 40 yards to their celebration to me. Did look very strange.

• @Chris , that particular comment shows how once fans have a perception they don't shake it off.
    I remember Hayes a couple of years ago being described as "running the game" with the ref. But now he can barely influence the game in a football sense, let alone influence the ref! Unlike their captain who the ref seemed to be keen to consult fairly regularly.

• edited January 2017

I think their fans felt Hayes was refereeing yesterday's game...as you say perceptions @Malone

• Will be interesting to see if LTFC will appeal against the straight red for Mullins. Just watched it again 3 times on extended highlights. As I mentioned earlier, the lino made up the refs mind, Mullins left the ground with both feet. As such auto red. Bet Luton don't appeal?

• They should definitely save their admin fee on that one.
    I don't recall their manager mentioning it as such, and they usually do if they feel outraged.

Was it the Notts C guy who tried to get a lunging two footed rescinded? Having seen his expletive laden and threatening rant to the ref, i'm amazed he only got a 5 match ban!

• Shame hylton doesn't actually focus on playing football because he had our cbs twisted a few times yesterday whitch doesn't happen a lot he's a quality player I'd say one of the best in the league.........shame he's a diving cunt

• Exactly my thoughts @bigred87

• Does anyone know why he wears that stupid mask?

• So that he can turn into his alter ego........Tom Daley

• Because he's so dashed handsome without it.

• @Cyclops said:
    Does anyone know why he wears that stupid mask?

Surely it's not the mask that's stupid.

• I know all these GB diving squad and Tom Daley comments are light hearted and throw away but they really are lazy and giving Danny Hylton far more credit than he deserves.

Tom and the rest of the GB diving squad are highly skilled and dedicated athletes who give their lives to their sport for very little financial rewards (Tom's cross over in to celebrity aside).

Danny Hylton is cheating scum who brings only shame on his profession as well as trying to get fellow professional banned from the game. He is a disgrace to the sport and to men the world over. He deserves nothing (apart from that massive whack Pierre gave him on Saturday). He cost Luton three points on Saturday with his antics and all the time their manager defends him rather than blames him for what went on the sport will be a sorrier place with him on the pitch.

I'm not a fan

• I missed what pierre actually did, I heard it but what happened?

• The fact that you heard it @bigred87 is an indication of the impact of Pierre's challenge.