Skip to content

Match day thread: Luton

13»

Comments

• Who edits the highlights on PlayerHD? I was looking forward to seeing the kashket shot it was the best of the 3 chances ,it wasn't shown and who does the commentary?it's so biased towards Luton it was really winding me up oh and seeing that pr**k Hylton again which reminds I've got to go smash up my wife's copy of phantom of the opera

• @woodlands Yes there is.

CHANGE 4: Treating injuries

Players will be able to receive treatment quickly on the pitch if they are injured in a challenge that results in a yellow or red card
    Players will be able to receive treatment quickly on the pitch if they are injured in a challenge that results in a yellow or red card
    If a player is fouled and hurt by an opponent who subsequently receives a yellow or red card for the challenge, the injured player may be quickly treated on the pitch without the need to leave the field of play.

It was widely seen as unfair that a player injured by a serious foul was forced off the pitch for treatment, temporarily placing the fouled team at a numerical disadvantage.

(From this Sky Sports article http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10512322/laws-of-the-game-changes-ahead-of-the-201617-premier-league-season)

• Just a thought re PCH. He's just human like us all. Leaving millwall and returning to a previous employer at a lower level probably on less money is a confirmation of failure. While I am sure he is telling himself that he just has to get on with it now, inevitable that it will be tinged with a little sadness that might just affect performance for a short time.

He'll get through it, especially with a warm welcome and some encouragement.

• Sorry @DevC but that's cockwash IMO. Speaking to Paris & a few round the club, he has been very unhappy with his time at Millwall, so a return to a club & manager where he feels valued far outweighs this supposed feeling of failure!

• @bigred87 , I sought out the highlights, looking for this "bad attitude" from Paris when they scored.

All I saw was a disappointment that anyone who cares would show. He didn't remonstrate with Pierre,( who incidentally was a million miles away from his man) or Wood, who surely could have done a bit better than just let the ball smack off his body, showing the agility of a sloth!
    I'd say if you saw something extra in that reaction, you're obviously a genius body language expert!

• @OakwoodExile , always a little bit dodgy when rules use subjective rules such as "quickly".
    What is "quickly"? 10seconds? 4mins? Does the ref have a little book of what constitutes quickly versus level of challenge?

Hylton tends to get up "quickly", as he's never hurt!

• @Malone The number of crippling injuries that Hylton receives in a game, I'm amazed that he doesn't have a wheelchair with his name on it on the sidelines!

• @Malone I understand what you're saying, but the new rule makes sense to me. The rule that players had to leave the pitch after treatment was introduced to stop players feigning injury. It was always a bit unfair where the player was genuinely injured but those of who are old enough will remember that there was a real problem that had to be addressed. The new rule recognises that, if the offending player has been booked or sent off, it's very likely that the player on the receiving end is not feigning.

• Yep, agree, makes sense if reffed properly.

• @braywanderer it does seem bizarre that even on the 10 min highlight package on player they do not show Kashkett's drive that just barely missed the top corner. It was a super effort. Had he connected less cleanly it may just have faded onto the post and in. Very odd not to include it in the highlights.

• Dev - as far as I can see Paris has great support from the Wycombe fans and interacts pretty well with them

• @oakwood exile Thank you I'd forgotten about that. Interpretation by yesterday's ref about quickly looked wide of the mark though.