Skip to content

Sam Saunders signs!

13»

Comments

• Surely our first 11 is on pair with most top league 1 teams, pierre should think twice, he's in a team going places

• Wow I'm can't remember seeing such a universally positive thread. Has brought a big smile to my space. Thank you.

• Sorry for typos fat fingers, predictive text and too many pints....

• I agree with the positive vibes and a remarkable signing that is probably just the lift we need.

However. Not sure that it will be that easy to fit him in to our current Plan A style of football. I do think we'll need a couple of weeks on the training pitch to adapt a proper style - but once we do that should really give us options

• Thank you all those at the club for
    this wonderful news, it's great to have Sam back
    Let's hope we can push on ...

• @bigred87, you've massively overestimated us. But we're definitely a good match for anyone in league 2 to say the least. We're powerful all over the pitch now.

• @bookertease , Bayo said he likes having someone like Bloomfield to play his little passes to. So he can only enjoy Saunders.

It looks like we have a load of options now. We can go long to Bayo. We can use Paris and Kashket's pace. We can power play teams at set pieces, and now we have a fine ball playing wizard to control games.

It's exciting stuff. Will have to try and get to some of these crazy midweek aways

• @Malone said:
    bigred87, you've massively overestimated us. But we're definitely a good match for anyone in league 2 to say the least. We're powerful all over the pitch now.

I'm pretty sure @bigred87 meant top of League 2. If so, he's probably right.

• I doubt he did @micra, as I think that'd go without saying, as we are 5th!

• There aren't many division 1 sides who would fancy facing us right now.

• I ment league 2 chaps

• @Malone sorry I didn't mean that he won't work out - just trying to stay grounded (I must admit I'm struggling to) and not expecting too much too soon

• Not that football fans can be accused of being fickle but how on earth did we go from a conference bound team to a team that should be fighting for a place in the Championship in less than 3 months?

• edited January 2017

@bigred87 , fair enough. But I think our first 11 was always on a par with the rest of the league.

It was all about being able to put the first 11 on the pitch!

Saunders could, just could be that difference to either securing our play off place, versus risk of slipping away, or even, could we dream of sneaking up top 3?

Huge game today to try and knock Luton back a bit.

• And whatever we say/have said about GA's style of football his ability to attract good players who seem to want to work/play for him is unparalleled.

• He's clearly a top guy and has created something special.

His actions with Stewart for me showed he's really got a keen eye for what is best for us over pure emotions.

I'm sure many fans would have said he can disappear to non league when the Crewe/trying to move thing failed.
    But Gaz is way smarter than that, forgave him, Stewart is back to the good lad we all suspected, and has played really well.

• Quality

• @pagey1 said:
    Quality

Sam or GA?

• I think we would of won Saturday if sam and scott had started

• I'm biting my tongue!

• lets hope if we win tomorrow and luton do we don't draw them.

• so we get them in the final @rmjlondon ?

• That'd be a cracking Final.

• The team's whole persona completely changed when those two came on (the S/O highlighted it further) - Saunders is one of those pleasantly annoying players (this coming from an old Sunday league stopper!) who always seems to have so much time on the ball, never panics and in total control from the moment he came on. Gaz is right when he says too good for L2. Love him. Kashket was also a proper nuisance - would have scored twice on another day.

• Agreed @Grawlix Saunders looked good when he came on. Him, Gape and Luke with Kashket and The Beast should give teams something to think about for the rest of the season!