Skip to content

Match day thread: Yeovil

13»

Comments

• It was just a push to the chest, that's never a red however silly the fall.

See lukaku on otamendi at the weekend. That made the Yeovil player's fall look dignified in comparison.

• I can understand giving players some stick for not trying.

But Hayes is getting a hard time for things which are outside his control. He is no longer quick enough or has the physical presence to play up front in my view. Would offer more in a withdrawn role behind a quicker front two.

• I'm not sure Hayes is any good as a substitute. I really hope he gets some form back but I think he needs to start to really show any form. He's added nothing to the last two games but surely that doesn't mean he can't going forward.

Just as an aside I also don't think it helps Hayes that he has to play with Thommo most of the time. Don't think they work that well together and our goalscoring record with both on the pitch is pretty poor.

• I think Hayes has been having a pretty good season. 5 goals and 5 assists for a player who's been in and out of the side is not bad at all. The moaners are thankfully in a tiny minority, although hearing them on a match day or reading their comments on Facebook can be rather depressing.

I've always seen Hayes as more of a creative player than an out an out goal scorer anyway. He generally looks to go forward rather than sideways or backwards and as a result we tend to create more when he's in the side. On the downside it also means he tends to give the ball away cheaply on occasions. For me though, he's still one of the best players we have.