Skip to content

Match day thread: Yeovil

Comments

• Morning all!
    Commentary of today's game will be on Chairboys Player from 2.55pm. Team news, reports and post match will be on BBC3CR.
    COYB!

• 1-0 to Yeovil. Penalty.

• Don't know about anyone else but the commentary for me keeps dropping out every 10 seconds or so

• Jacobson equalizes from the spot. 1-1.

• JJ !!!!!

Yes player comes in and out, actually better today than has been of late.

• I was thinking that. It's always in and out, but today is as good as it's been for a while.

• Player has gone completely now

• Still going ok for me.

...maybe something going on with the interweb where you are?

• 1-1 half time.

• Player hasn't restarted for 2nd half for me. Had this the last few games where it restarts but with about a ten minute delay. WTF?!

• Can't be far behind, the twitter feed and the commentary are pretty much synced.

• Might be live as is in sync with the time as shown on BBC.

Was the Newport game where it was on a delay, I saw PCH scored on the BBC ten minutes before I heard the goal on player.

• 3493 at AP, 239 from Yeovil. Stewart off for De Havilland. Sounds like it's got fairly scrappy.

• EIGHT minutes added on. Frazer Stretton territory.

• 1-1 FT.

• Now that was dog shit football

• Big under par today. Yeovil looked well organised but we seemed quite sluggish.

Gape and Akinfenwa's were excellent but I don't think those around them offered enough.

• Very important not to get beaten when you're a bit off form. A draw was a fair result against a bogey team for Wycombe. The best result today was Jamal Blackman only getting a yellow in the second-half. Could have been a disaster for the Spurs game.

• Thought we were decent enough in the first but lacked anything much second half. Sido had a bit of a mare but he wasn't the only one off form. Says a lot abiut how far we've come since October though that we're disappointed with a draw.

• Sido improved in the second half in the first he gave Yeovils winger too much space and he was able to turn and come come at him. Hopefully Stewart is okay and putting DeHaviland on was just precautionary although DeHav did well. Not the greatest of games for the but an understandable performance and we avoided a loss

• Just thought we were a bit leg weary, which given the run of games we've had is understandable. Side was run ragged by his man. The front 2 for Yeovil bossed our back line 1st half. We improved 2nd half and they died a death as an attacking force when Suomni left the field with his hamstring injury. A mixed bag of performances but for me our three standout performers were Bayo, Gape & JJ, whom has turned the profession of left back into an art form. Imperious display, defended well and attacked with intent at the right moments. My MOM.

• The only issue I've ever had with the way we play, which was highlighted today albeit we were knackered, is that we very rarely have chance after chance in a game.

We're scoring more goals, but I can't remember a game where we have missed many opportunities.

Would love to see a creative midfielder to come in, because with O'Nien and Wood, there doesn't seem to be any other option we could slot in there - Thompson came on in the middle today. Not what I want to see.

• No-one's mentioned the absence of Kashket, which did of course weaken us given his recent predatory goalscoring form and quick, nippy movement. A few of Bayo's flicks today would have been good for Scott to run onto

• Can't quite believe we've managed to sign Gape on a permanent deal

He is very good

• Bogey team we've never beaten at home, a lot of games recently, freezing cold day, no Kashket, long midweek haul to Blackpool, Tottenham on the minds and a bit underwhelming. So a draw is enough today.

Gape certainly gets around and wins that ball! Such a shame with the long shot.

Jombati was given a torrid time by that winger, won't have as hard a game for a while, in the league anyway!

Unbeaten run continues, still nicely in the playoff zone, and we're in good shape, with a good week now to build.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • On the terrace, it seems that abusing Hayes is the flavour of the month.

Whilst I don't agree with hurling abuse at him, as he's been a great player the last few years, he really needs to step it up.

If he doesn't do it soon I think he may be past it. Hardly made an impact for months.

• edited January 2017

He's got 18months on his deal, and whilst he's by all accounts massively useful OFF pitch, the the ON pitch side of his performance seems to have dropped hugely.

Bayo - Paris - Kashket looks a terrific front 3, so he's struggling to get near that, and I'm not sure the cameo appearances suit him.

It's a tricky situation to manage at the moment. It's awkward to have your captain not contributing what they once did. It's like the Rooney scenario at United.

• The Hayes vitriol was ludicrous today.

Considering how ineffective a large bunch of our lot were today, as soon as Hayes came on the arrows were primed in the bow.

Once, when the ball was leathered to him, and he had no-one in any good position to pass to, someone behind me as soon as he touched it, yelled 'argh, do something with it then Hayes!'. Proceeding to groan every time he has the ball.

Something that's bugged me ever since I've been a fan, is the terrace's need to make a striker a scapegoat.

Hayes has done a lot for the squad in the last few years he's been here, allegedly even occasionally picking the team, and he deserves more respect than he's getting at the moment.