Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool (EFL Trophy)

1235»

Comments

• @LX1 , yep, i'll settle for your take to tidy it up.

Apart from that season we came into the league, and it was all fresh and new, the LDV/Checkatrade has felt a right drudge.

Maybe it's because we were always so poor In it, and always drew some SW heckhole team

• Yeah, fair point. Total shite

• That first season was so magical I remember feeling gutted that we lost to Swansea in the windscreens Cup. It shows how much football has changed in such a relatively small space of time that Swansea felt moved to run on the pitch with a flag pre kick off and a Cardiff fan made it to the Woodlands to fight a Swansea player

• @LX1 said:
    Wendoverman I am feeling a bit tench

What a load of pollocks we will always be the minnows at this stage of the FA cup. 3 months ago the future was very bleak. the boys have put their heart and sole into turning things around and thank cod they have I could not take anymore carping from some on this forum. Had to smile when Chris Sutton called bayo a mussely salmon after scoring his goal on Saturday l won't get tired of seeing the dab after every goal. Anyway must get on got things to do.

• @LX1 we had some wonderful experiences in that tournament that season. Fulham away was a genuine top ten of all time match

And those Swansea games......blimey, they were a bit rough weren't they? I thought at one point they were jumping the barriers and piling into the woodlands terrace, where I was standing, terrified. Fortunately some heroic souls at the front gave a very good account of themselves until the cavalry (literally) arrived

• We were all a bit horse at the end

• Was expecting you to trot out some old pun

• The Fulham game at Craven Cottage was a classic. How many did we take up there that night? 3000 perhaps, hard to tell, as we filled the terrace and I think a few hundred ended up in the home end. I remember one of the stewards saying it was one of the largest away supports they'd seen in years. Incredible to think it was just for an Auto Windscreen Shield match!

• I like to stirr up

• is Chris Sutton now black ??

• @Wycombe85 The queues in Stevenage Road went the length of the old stand

• An unexpected draw at Whitehart Lane and a return game at AP would be my preference please

• Mansfield...

• @bill_stickers said:
    Mansfield...

I said if we get them or coventry away i'd go, any others i wouldnt bother.

• Swansea had a reputation for being a proper shower of knuckledraggers in the early 90s. Fortunately I didn't experience THAT game first hand, though the footage of their trip to Elm Park was pretty embarrassing.