Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool (EFL Trophy)

Comments

• Why are we "never going to beat Spurs?" Did you say "we're never going to beat Pompey" when that draw came out? Anyone who feels that way shouldn't bother going to White Hart Lane. Let someone else have your ticket. I'm going with hope in my heart.

• We'll never win at Maine Road, let's rest Martin and Sean for Tuesday's trip to Notts County.

• M3GM3G
    edited January 2017

Part time players as well the majority.

• Stourbridge were never going to beat Northampton and going back a lot further Hereford were never going to beat Newcastle!

• What's the population of Iceland again?

• @floyd err......Mansfield will never win at Bristol Rovers

• I would expect Spurs to beat us...they should...but you know what...there's always a chance...

• yes but our chance of wembley come in checkatrade and league not the fa cup, we have made our money with the draw lets play the game and move on.

• @eric_plant Quite. No point in entertaining any hope before we go to Torquay.

• Ha! You didn't!

• I sincerely hope @rmjlondon doesn't get a Spurs ticket. Wind up or not

• @eric_plant Never been happier to be wrong!

• I dont want a spurs ticket.

• Why do you support WWFC @rmjlondon?

• anybody outside the team who thinks we have our best chance of success in the FA Cup is mad. Sorry but we have drawn a team who could take the title, we will be brushed aside quite easily by there reserves let alone Alli, Kane and Dembele.

• @LX1 wake up and smell the coffee @rmjlondon is keeping it real.

But for the record richie, we all know about your close contacts with the team, information on club finances and always on the nose predictons, but I'm sure no-one thinks we can win the Cup...we're just enjoying the ride.

• @rmjlondon - by your view, there should never be a "cup upset" / giantkilling then? So why do they happen?

• You haven't answered my question @rmjlondon

• @Wendoverman I think I have a pretty good handle on our chances of success against Spurs thanks. No coffee needed!

• psst @LX1 (you do know I was joking right?)

• @Wendoverman sorry I was more willing to bite than a carp during the great carp haul of 1974

• @LX1 but that makes me Robson Green...suffice to say I am sure we will give Spurs a good game whatever the result!

• @Wendoverman I am feeling a bit tench

• Pointless scuffling!

clearly the checkatrade is the"best" chance of glory but it doesn't make it more important than the spurs game by a long chalk

• On another note, what lingers longer in the memory, the waddock/taylor promotions or the fa cup semi run....

id suggest that's not even a close one

• well not the taylor promotion as we stood waiting for another result cos we were so shite.

• We finished 3rd

• LX1LX1
    edited January 2017

@Malone I think we are in agreement but I would question your wording. There is a greater chance of us winning the b team cup obviously. But there is more chance of 'glory' in the FACup. Even before boycotting this year, winning the Autowindscreens I would have felt like I imagine fans feel like after winning the Charity Shield. I can't believe I have been suckered i to this!

• yeh we did but awaited another result for 8 mins for confirmation I believe.

• Must have been shite then