Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

13»

Comments

• @Doob Given the class way Gareth has carried his tenure thus far, I would defend his behaviour after the last visit there. Until there is evidence presented otherwise, the chances are that that odious prick Adams was the instigator that chafed Ainsworth into that one moment of loss of self control.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Doob Given the class way Gareth has carried his tenure thus far, I would defend his behaviour after the last visit there. Until there is evidence presented otherwise, the chances are that that odious prick Adams was the instigator that chafed Ainsworth into that one moment of loss of self control.

Did they shake hands yesterday?

• Adams does not come across as a nice man does he? The problems last season seemed to stem from him questioning the validity of Lynch's injury whilst he was being carried off, that was conjecture on our behalf perhaps, as we don't know what was said between him and Ainsworth. Yesterday however, his comments in the press seemed to suggest that Harriman came off because he was struggling with the player he was marking. That's a pretty dreadful comment to make about a player who's just suffered a serious injury and that attitude I'm afraid has filtered through to some of their fans.

Say what you want about our 'dark arts' and I'm not particuarly a fan of those tactics myself, but the jeering and haranging of players being stretchered off clearly injured, by some fans and the snide comments from Adams do not reflect well on Plymouth. I think it's a real shame, because I felt the play off games the other season were played in a really good spirit.

• I hate gamesmanship too and GA's failure to shake hands last time out was a rare moment of poor form from him. However, let's not forget that Plymouth fans have now twice booed a Wycombe player going off on a stretcher and claimed it was being done to waste time. Last season they carried on attacking when Lynch was lying prostrate in his goalmouth, Adams has repeatedly shown poor sportsmanship in his post match comments, after games against us and other opponents and Plymouth are just as open to time-wasting as any other team; they did it at AP last season and by all accounts were doing it yesterday, so let's not let them claim that they are any better than we are. Utter hypocrisy from Adams and the Argyle fans, which makes results like our last two visits to Home Park all the more satisfying.

• @braywanderer not sure if Ainsworth shook hands with Adams. Looking on extended highlights, he clearly shakes hands with a few of their staff, but couldn't be sure if Adams was amongst them? If I was a gambling man, I would say not.

• @EwanHoosaami @braywanderer Ainsworth clearly shakes hand with Adams. Right thing to do, no matter how much of an arse the latter may be.

• @OakwoodExile yep, 1st viewing was on chairboys player through my phone. Have seen it since on my desktop and as you say Ainsworth does shake the hand of Adams. Clearly the right thing to do, even if Adams post match comments make him out to be a rear end of a camel. Hope GA uses them comments as part of his motivation speak for the reverse fixture.

• @EwanHoosaami I have to take issue with you... the rear end of a camel has a use.

• @Cyclops Hmm on reflection, you are right. At least what comes out of a camel, I could use on my vegetable plot, whereas, what spews out of Adams is too toxic!

• Camel dung is used as a fuel in Egypt so consequently quite valuable!

• Adams shakes his hand, heads for the tunnel, then turns back and goes after GA and must say something as he walks past as Gaz turns back to look at him and says something himself. I'm sure they were both saying 'Good game, well played.'

• I guess nobody would be happy with adams in charge at Wycombe!!!!!!...

• If we were to employ Derek Adams to clean our toilets I'd stop using them.

• I think I'd use them all the time, just with terrible accuracy.

• On another note if weston can stay fit he could be a massive player for us he's looked brilliant in his two sub cameos

• I must agree about Weston he could be very good for us ....