Skip to content

Match day thread: Orient

edited December 2016 in Football

Comments

• Question for those living near to the ground - is there any chance the game might not go ahead due to the fog?

• Fog at 3pm? Are you shot away son?

• A not unreasonable question.

• It looks desperately foggy on the train in.

• Just arrived in town - not too bad in the valley

• Thompson in for Bayo. Weston on the bench. Otherwise unchanged.

• Why are we not on 3 counties? Barnet vs Stevenage have a word!!!

• 1-0. Guess who.

• Kashket runs to the directors box and "Salutes" his old employers.

• Great move by Kashket well done my son ...

• Just a shame their owner was in Rome and missed it.

• Number 6 in particular @StrongestTeam

• Really enjoyed today. I was concerned before ko with no Akinfenwa or Hayes, but for me Thompson was MOM. He won a huge amount of headers, made the crucial tackle to set up the goal.

• Thommo was quality today. Won a lot of headers and worked his nuts off.

Weston back in the fold is very promising this time of year too.

• What impressed me was that in the last 15-20 minutes we didn't let them anywhere near our goal. Normally at 1-0 I'd be as nervous as hell but today we looked in complete control

• Yes amongst the flurry of goals we've seen in this run of 8 wins, it's also worth flagging that we've conceded just two goals - one at Cambridge, one at Millwall.

A top effort from all those that have played in that time.

• Absolutely immense performance from our central defenders today. Jamal had hardly anything to do.

• Defence looks absolutely imperious currently, the bedrock for our victories - no shots on target for LOFC today. Tools and JJ in particular stood out for me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Great win boys!!!!

• He's spent nearly all of his career at right back hasn't he?

• The Harriman we saw on loan has looked a completely different player to the one we signed 11 months ago. Yet, today he did a fantastic job, moving the ball nicely and showing some smart positioning.

The composure we showed during that attacking flurry was brilliant, but there was simply not enough of it. GA is favouring the 'get the ball high up the pitch and move quickly' style, but we sat far too deep in the first half, and although we had 16 shots, from memory, there was little to show for it.

Stewart and Pierre were superb, but the true MOM has to be Paris. His role was shockingly undervalued today. He led the line - with Thommo out wide - and ran around like he needed to make up 12 months of naughtiness to Santa.

A 'got the job done' performance today to make sure we go into Christmas on high form, but you'd have hoped for a more commanding showing against a 21st placed side.

• This is a message To the cretin who berated Jamal for kicking the ball out of play from a goal kick in the 1st half. I hope you are literate enough to read this just remember the great saves he's made to maintain our run of 8 wins in a row. There's no pleasing some people

• edited December 2016

Maybe @prufrock_91 but against a team with one of the best away records in the division.

Not a great game but a great result and chuffed to bits for Scotty.

• Job well done today.

• Exiled chairboy here living in the West country,get to as many games as possible but due to work commitments not as many as I would like,last game was Morecambe at home,the boys are doing great at the moment and hopefully 3 more points at Plymouth...which is just down the road for me!!

• So i'm not the only Chairboy in The West Country.