Skip to content

Who do we want in the draw? (FA cup third round 2017 edition)

2»

Comments

• It's not a massive price that we may not even be playing on third round weekend.

• @LX1 , the re-arranged game is Tuesday (13th Dec), so it'd be pretty strange circumstances for the tie and any relay not to be done by 7th Jan!

• LX1LX1
    edited December 2016

@Malone As far as I can see there is only one free midweek for any replay (Tue 20th). So could only take one more postponement

• edited December 2016

Could be on TV if Stourbridge win...

• Sorry, I didn't mean to say replay, the other game was postponed of course, not drawn. I was thinking along the same lines as @Username, that a Stourbridge win may make our game a candidate for the Sunday. i.e. No confirmation of date until we know who we're playing?

• Not the dream tie but could have been a lot worse. At home for a change and winnable.

Not sure about having any chance of it being a TV game. Man Utd are always chosen and some all top league games will fill it up.

A Sunday game would be a pain

• It's just the first 2 rounds that have the mass of Sunday games isn't it?
    By the time we hit round 3, doesn't it revert to only "proper" televised games only not on the Sat?

• Interesting article on Stourbridge here. Had no idea they'd made R2 four times in six years!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/how-the-fa-cup-has-transformed-lowly-stourbridge-a7450351.html

• @Malone Not sure what the policy is but last year there were 5 Sunday games (One Friday, one Monday)

• Perhaps not a big money spinner, but either way the reply goes a potentially winnable tie to take us into the next round when more of the Championship clubs will have bitten the dust. Not smelling the coffee just yet...

• Good article @Last_Quarter "More importantly than any of this, the club have spent almost £400,000 on a new training facility for junior players, at the nearby Green Field. Roughly £230,000 of this came from the Football Foundation but it has still been a significant investment, not least because it costs close to the £100,000 per year to run the whole youth operation. But now Stourbridge FC put out 23 teams every weekend, starting from under-6s, including two girls’ teams and two ladies’ teams"

I know we are in a slightly different situation what with expectation and all that but this is something for the community in the long term that creates an enormous good will factor and other long term benefits.

Whilst buying back the training ground must be a priority the kind of set up mentioned in the article ought to be something wwfc can aspire to. Well done Stourbridge fc!