Skip to content

Who do we want in the draw? (FA cup third round 2017 edition)

edited December 2016 in Football

Either of Manchesters City or United away would do me.

It's on BBC2 shortly after 7pm. We are ball number 46.

Comments

• Wouldn't bother with city. small club with small fan Base.

• We got Aston Villa at home in the 2016 edition

• Purely for ease of travel for Wycombe folk, one of the big London clubs.

• Any of the big 6 teams in The Premier League away for the money.

• Watford away - they're stuggling a bit currently, and usually play a weakened side in cups. Good crowd, local derby, chance of advancing.

• @LX1 good point. I've changed it.

• Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle or Derby County please.

• I've a nasty feeling we may have used up all our good luck for the past month and we'll end up with one of those scary banana skin games. All the same keeping everything crossed for a big fat pay cheque.

• We always beat Man City so that would be good.

• Sutton Utd at home...

• Notts County

• It will be Plymouth/Newport or someone equally uninspiring. I need something to bring me back down to earth after Saturday. People at work think I'm on drugs

• Barrow (H)

• @bookertease said:
    It will be Plymouth/Newport or someone equally uninspiring. I need something to bring me back down to earth after Saturday. People at work think I'm on drugs

Same as that.....

• Whatever club Martin Allen is managing!

• West Ham, Arsenal or Spurs away

• Stourbridge

• Well it's a winnable one at least

• They have to get past Northampton first.

• At least we won't have to worry about the club cocking up the ticket allocation

• And keeps the players focused on league instead of looking forward to playing a big boy

• Northampton 17th in League 1. As Chris says, winnable. If it's Stourbridge obviously even more so but with massive upset potential. More likely to be televised I suppose. On the whole a disappointing draw though

• What an uninspiring draw. There is no fairytale story for the next round. Sutton V Wimbledon probably the best draw - Jesus wept.

We have a decent chance of progressing, and lots of the big teams will knock each other out.

Fingers crossed.

• Happier with that than the last two rounds which might be a bad sign but on current form we shouldn't fear Northampton.

• Given our home form it has to be seen as a great opportunity to progress to the fourth round.

I think if you can't get a decent Premier League side or a local derby of some sort, getting a winnable tie is ok. Most Championship or better league 1 teams would have been a naff draw.

• Well, if not one of the big boys, you'd want a winnable home tie. Northampton will of course be a very tough game, but they seem to be struggling of late after a strong start. Stourbridge would be ideal, we'd have to be on our game, but it would give us a great chance of reaching the 4th round.

I'm content, if not exactly thrilled with the draw.

• Not the worst draw for us

• Hopefully the date can be confirmed before the Stourbridge Northampton replay

• Saturday 3pm surely

• @Doob theres the first game to get out the way before any replay