Skip to content

Alfie Mawson

2»

Comments

• Big Dave was an exemplorary pro who managed to carve out a career with very limited ability.
    His tuning speed and distribution still makes me shudder, but his desire to win the ball was an example to others.
    We have far superior players in his position now, but you can never fault Winfields effort whilst at Adams Park.

• Im not saying he isn't a good player, Im saying lets calm down were playing in a very poor league 2 and the premier league is another world and that is being proven to not be that great in comparison to other leagues in europe hence our non showing in european competition this season.

• You have to admire someone scraping around the good this season to find something to start an olde time Gas Room heated debate. I'll look out for Blueh_w's thread starting 'If Hayes hadn't been forced out we'd be in the Premiership now...'

• I doubt whether bluey's comments will "go viral" (is that the right expression?) but I am convinced that it is a clever ploy on his part to convince potential predators that little boy lost Alfie has to have Aaron P alongside him holding his hand to be any good. And we won't be accepting silly offers for Aaron to enable them to keep the two of them together, will we?!

• Im saying Alfie Mawson won't play Premier League Football but I am very happy to have him at WWFC

• I'm old and not a betting man but I think you'd find plenty on here willing to have a wager with you!

• @ReadingMarginalista; 'blueh_w might be part of a bizarre conspiracy to convince Brentford that Alfie's too rubbish to take back, so that we can nab him like we managed to get Aaron off them last season'.

I fear that is the only logical conclusion and I also fear that he will not be successful.

• He is out of contract in the summer, and according to his mother would not sign another at Brentford whatever the offer.

• The comments by GA in the BFP suggest they are already working on a deal. A coups go this would match the Pierre one. He is better than Pierre and that is saying something.

• Pierre and Mawson are a brilliant partnership. However, although I am sure I will be the only one on here, I think Hause will go further than both.

• Mawson is useless :P

• The Hayes/Mawson combo for Mawson's goal was top drawer. Another coup if we can keep him.

• Mawson certainly has a chance of becoming a Premier League player, to write off his chances of doing so based seemingly on Division 2 in 2014/15 being poor in your opinion is quite odd.

Additionally, you are completely wrong about why English based teams are struggling in Europe. It's not because the league is comparatively poor, quite the opposite is true. Barcelona, Real M, Bayern, PSG, Monaco - all those teams get a dozen or so walk-overs each season, such is the imbalance of resources in their domestic leagues. In England next year, 20th place has a budget of £100m on TV revenue alone and our European hopefullys have to play 18 other sides with similar budgets.

• Absolutely stonking goal tonight.

• Wow, how poor was Mawson tonight Blueh_w. Did you see that lucky goal he scored ?

• Ah, but if he hadn't scored that goal and if he hadn't scored those others, and if some other things had happened that didn't happen ... then people would be saying he is rubbish.

• Awesome Mawson!

• I fully believe Alfie Mawson will play in the Premier League.
    However, he's formed an outstanding partnership with Aaron Pierre but looked shaky when playing with Danny Rowe. Could it be a similar scenario to Roger Johnson & Scott Dann? Phenomenal together at Birmingham but both been rather poor since.

• In my opinion, centre backs form the most crucial partnership on a football field. If Wolves had signed Dann at the same time as Johnson, things may have been incredibly different.

• If Gaz can wrestle Mawson from the Bees for another season he should get the freedom of the town. His goals could make all the difference as the season ends.

• @blueh_w said:
    I wonder if the penalty against Stevenage had gone in after a ridiculous foul and if he hadn't scored in the last two games would you be saying he is so brilliant and also when he plays without Pierre he looks like a little boy lost at times ...... I also think Danny Rowe deserved to keep his place after the Tranmere performance but Pierre walked straight back in and lets not forget he will get to 15 yellows and we will run to Danny again then which seems slightly awkward considering he could have done no more to keep his place !!!

Got to agree, Rowe did exceptionally well considering "no game" time. We draw and won the games Rowe replaced Pierre. One of the many reasons I believe we should make more of our subs @70 minute mark. I know what most think about that, but at least we involve as many in the team as possible.

Rowe hasn't even featured since. :(

• I would love to see this guy sign for wycombe. If not I wish him well and to say thanks for being here this season. Ps what a goal on tuesday

• @Ciderk1d said:
    Got to agree, Rowe did exceptionally well considering "no game" time. We draw and won the games Rowe replaced Pierre. One of the many reasons I believe we should make more of our subs @70 minute mark. I know what most think about that, but at least we involve as many in the team as possible.

Rowe hasn't even featured since. :(

In the games since Pierre's return we've won 2 and drawn 2 against higher placed opposition. This isn't the under 10's where we have to give everyone a game, it's professional football where we are trying to win the match. It's unfortunate for Rowe's sake that he had 2 good performances and was then dropped but that's the nature of professional football.

• @Croider, Like the under 10's, will be unfortunate when the likes of Rowe say adiós at the end of the season too, that's the nature of professional and at amateur Football.