Skip to content

Ched Evans

13»

Comments

• I note that not one person has expressed any regret or sympathy for a man, however obnoxious, we locked up for 2.5 years for a crime we now recognise he did not commit.

I note too that the general consensus seems to be not to respect the legal process and believe we are better placed to judge his innocence and ignore the verdict of those chosen to decide on our behalf with the full story. Perhaps we could get Simon Cowell to organise a Saturday night prime time phone-in to decide such matters.

All part I suspect of the same phenomenon that resulted in Brexit and trump last night. I wonder where it will all lead.

All of which is probably a bit too far away from what should primarily be a forum for discussion of a lower level football team. I wonder who will play in goal in the big game this evening.......

• Wow, world record for leap of logic well and truly shattered there.

• 'Enough said on this subject' followed by another post. Classic.

I have no sympathy for Ched Evans. Hang me for it.
    I also believe most are judging the innocence of the man generally rather than in this one specific case.

I am really looking forward to seeing this logic followed by @DevC in the coming weeks.

"Unless you have been present for every day and heard every piece of evidence, your opinion of the guilt or innocence of an accused cannot possibly be as well informed as that of the jury."

Every post he makes should be judged by it. Maybe it should be stuck at the top of the gasroom as a reminder.

• @robin. I wonder if Paula Hawkins is gonna right a follow up to her best seller 'The girl on the Train' ? maybe 'The pervert on the Train' ? based down in the West country.

• Rarely have I witnessed such a disparity between someone's opinion of their own intelligence, and their actual intelligence than in the case of Dev

• Amazing how Dev can introduce Brexit into a thread about Ched Evans. Trump to a degree I can accept, as their treatment of women is probably fairly similar.

• Aye, there is something of the Ched Evans case about Trump isn't there.

• It's quite hard to feel sympathy for a man who at best has deplorable morals and exercised such squalid behaviour, and at worst someone who got away with his behaviour due some supreme muck raking and the immense difficulties of proving such an offence.

• edited November 2016

Ha ha ha. I think Brexit was a disgrace and Trump is a massive worry for us all. Having been on a jury I respect this country's legal system and am always happy when a legal mistake is redressed. I also believe Ched Evans is a scumbag. This is my opinion not an attack on our sacred institutuions. Now enough said on this subject.

• I'm coming to the realisation that DevC may be a Beta version of an AI programme. The base logic behind the majority of his posts is usually sound although this never appears to be tempered by any human emotion or thinking

• @bookertease - Dev does seem to get emotional when he's on the train though

• @mooneyman - But again its a misunderstanding of how real humans behave these days. Probably a programming glitch