Skip to content

London based Chairboys fans...

Comments

• Maybe, hypothetically of course, if that first meeting including a supporter perhaps worrying about current form and style of play, it might be kinder not to release the audio given, you know, they've been shown up to be a clueless idiot with the team's form since

Hypothetically, obviously

• @eric_plant too late, Phil played that to the dressing room before the Spurs game.

• @eric_plant To be honest, I've still not listened back to it! Life has been a bit hectic of late.
    So much time has passed, I don't think it will be fair of me to upload it. Although, we'd all had a few so I can't for the life of me remember what was said!

• @OakwoodExile I'm happy with The Three Kings in Clerkenwell again if everyone else is?

@StrongestTeam Great stuff!

• Sounds good

• It's a great pub. What's not to like?

• edited February 2017

@bluntphil I no longer reside in London but if I am back in the smoke that day could I please join? Edit - sorry just realised I can't make the 22nd, maybe the next time?

• Excellent, I shall make the arrangements!

@Onlooker All welcome of course, so keep an eye on here for future shindigs.

• Anyone watching the game in north London tonight? Faltering fullback in Finsbury Park have assured me they will out it on the big projector.

• @bill_stickers I've just moved around the corner from Finsbury Park. Not been to the Fullback for years, is it still a decent pub?

• Very much so. We got a few odd looks celebrating the goal though as I don't think most people had even registered there was a game on!

• The pub in Finsbury Park that used to be The Larrick (opposite The Old Dairy) always used to be very accommodating for televised Wycombe games when I used to live round there.

22nd looks provisionally clear for me.

• I'm hoping to stick my head in on 22nd

• Marvellous @drcongo. I'll invite Ballroom Bill too

• Excellent @stevedore. In anticipation of a reasonable turn out, I'll see if I can book the room upstairs.

• Hello all,
    A reminder that the second 'London Based Chairboys Fans' get together is happening this coming Wednesday (22nd) at the Three Kings pub in Clerkenwell. I'll be there at 6.30pm. Sadly the pub haven't got back to me about the room upstairs so we will have to try and congregate somewhere near the bar...
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/17/1792/Three_Kings/Clerkenwell

Hopefully, among the things available for discussion will be a win against Col U. Failing that, as a back up I suggest thinking of your favourite take away just in case we run out of stuff to talk about.

Hopefully see some of you on Wednesday!
    Cheers
    Phil

• Afternoon
    For those attending later, or at least thinking of, here is the latest on the industrial action that is taking place on the Underground. https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/tube-strike

It's mainly the central line I think that is causing problems.
    Cheers
    Phil

• @StrongestTeam Yep. Still the same pub and I'll still be there from 6.30pm

• We are upstairs by the Juke Box!

• Another excellent evening. @OakwoodExile summed it up perfectly...

"It's great to be out and to be able to talk about Wycombe Wanderers."

Amen to that. I'll organise another one soon...

COYB

• I was working till midnight. That's the second one in a row, so if it happens again next time you organise one of these I'm going to assume causality and blame you for my workload.

• Cheers guys. Top evening

• I really enjoyed the evening and thaks to all for your company. I only wish I hadn't left early to make sure I made it to Manchester this morning as I'm now stuck here!

• Good to put names to pseudonyms and faces to names. Hopefully see you next time.

• edited February 2018

Evening all...

Proposed date for next Gasroom get together: Tuesday 6th March.

Venue: There is a newish pub round the corner from Marylebone Station, handy for those who get trains back to the homeland - http://www.theglobemarylebone.co.uk

Or we can stick to the usual haunt - https://londonist.com/pubs/pubs/the-three-kings

Time - from 6.30pm

All welcome

• I'll make an extra effort this time, though won't be able to get there until about 8.30ish. Did it last that long last time?

• Pretty sure we were still there near to closing time last year.

I’ll try and get along again. Would prefer Clerkenwell though.

• Delighted that this is happening again - thanks to @bluntphil for organising. No strong views about the venue, either is fine for me.