Skip to content

Gareth Ainsworth - 5th longest serving manager

2»

Comments

• Here we go again. Another thread morphing into the fan owned vs millionaire owned debate. Just set up a thread for it and knock yourselves out - at least those of us who are bored to tears of that particular chestnut can steer clear.

• An excellent reflection of WWFC against rather unfortunate people who subscribe to Rupert Murdoch's evil empire.

• @arnos_grove yeah, sorry my fault.

• I'm certainly actively seeking getting multi-millions. So far I am just managing to sustain my fridge...

• The first thread derail of the new era. Sad stuff.

• Predictable dig from our resident Geoffrey Howe impersonator.

Thread derailment is an interesting topic (at the risk of derailing this thread). Have a conversation in a pub and it may well develop along lines of "GA 5th longest serving, who are the 4 ahead, did you know that supporters have voted one of those to be fired, gosh just like ebbsfleet model, oh no ebbsfleet don't do that anymore -they have an owner now - multimillionaire too, really wonder if that would be better for us too, no I prefer the current model, oh why..........".

Never quite understood the mentality of the thread must not be derailed police insisting mid way through that conversation "no stop, we hadn't agreed to discuss that at the start of our conversation, we must stop talking about that now and continue only talking about GA beig 5th, anything else to say on that, no, silence "

Only a personal view though.

• I'm getting very bored with the personal abuse and the attempts to move each thread to either of your two topics.

• Your entitled to your opinion.

• I'm getting bored with the continual domestics between yourself and Dev, it's getting as bad as Hilary and Donald! Isn't it time to kiss and make up?

• edited October 2016

Sometimes a thread will meander but it's the inevitability of THAT subject infiltrating so many of them. If we're looking to ape pub conversation, perhaps we should just have one thread and let it go in whatever direction.

I see an accurately described thread as the online equivalent being able to avoid the pub bore and his chosen topics of 'interest'.

• edited October 2016

Do these two guys actually know each other in the flesh? Continually arguing between each other, then playing the "ooh don't get personal" card.
    Just block each other, simple.

• You are right, Malone. Boring as you know what isnt it.

If you care to check, and frankly why should you, you will find its only one of us that ever initiates this nonsense. I cant control what others post.

• I like the idea of virtual pub discussion threads. I've always been a great believer of the ancient Asyrrians (or whoever it was) who believed in conducting all meaningful discussions half-cut. So...
    for @DevC I do think you will find that in this particular bar there is a majority of the clientele who shudder at the thought of another owner taking possession of our precious club. If you move into the other bar populated by the Facebook yoof I'm sure you'll find a more sympathetic ear.
    But I do think it's reasonable to let the conversations go where the conversations go

• I guess the big question is, whose round is it? Followed by, will DevC and RiTM be sorting this out in the car park at closing time?

• Mindless

Yours (of course)

No - I have never been a MEP for UKIP.

Booker

In pub conversations I have had, conversation is more interesting where there is constructive disagreement. Otherwise all you have is "I think XXX", "I agree" "oh"

• @DevC Actually I do agree with you. It's always more interesting to start discussions at opposing ends and have to actually think about your own position in order to defend/justify it, adapting accordingly as your consider the alternative arguments

• @bookertease said:
    DevC Actually I do agree with you. It's always more interesting to start discussions at opposing ends and have to actually think about your own position in order to defend/justify it, adapting accordingly as your consider the alternative arguments

Also agree. Don't think anyone's complaining about constructive disagreement. Just derailing of threads (which I'm doing now so I'll shut up).