Skip to content

Devxit - the referendum

2»

Comments

• Why would you leave now?
    Oily is surely preparing the FA Cup poem and then we have the clamour for Christmas lights of Gasrooms past to look forward to.
    Enough of this madness.

• DEVine Madness though, isn't it!

• This all DEValues the forum site!

• I think I would spoil my ballot paper in protest at a pointless referendum. Would be good to get a bit less personal abuse flying about in general though. Weird how mean people are when they feel a detatchment to the other person (e.g. online, in a car).

• I'm new here, but this Dev bloke already sounds like a self-obsessed brat.

• Any result yet?

• @Bo_Larckx said:
    I'm new here, but this Dev bloke already sounds like a self-obsessed brat.

Troll alert is the expression, I believe! And 'brat' is a very inappropriate word to describe a middle-aged man.

• Brat is also used to describe a member of the Birmingham Running Athletics and Triathlon club! Somhow I can't see Dev in a singlet and running shorts though!

• Right lets wrap this up.

Firstly everlasting gratitude to Micra for describing me as middle-aged. Mooney is right though, these days much more a shotputter than a sprinter.

Number of messages for me to take on board. In a wider context, I think the wider message is witty jibes are welcome, even attempted witty jibes that fall flat are fine, but repetitive mindless personal abuse is boring and unwelcome. Lets focus on discussing the issues.

Now to follow recent precedent, I intend to interpret the result of the referendum by me and a couple of random mates you thought were long gone taking full control of the board, not allowing other members any say and make it quite clear that members not born within the Wycombe District Council boundaries are no longer welcome (initially they will be forced to identify themselves with a little yellow star after their name, but I have plans....).

Hey that's democracy.

Have a good afternoon.

• I'll grab me coat. Cheers.
    Oh, just before I go, thanks Dev for the eternal gratitude. Half a century from my standpoint looks a lot like a midpoint, assuming I go on for another twenty years.

• Too relaxed to care