Skip to content

Devxit - the referendum

Frankly personal abuse bores me rigid, unless it has a modicum of wit. I do though enjoy discussing WWFC. For sanity of all, this needs to be resolved now.

Personally I think its valuable to put an alternative view to the consensus from time to time especially when the future of the club is considered, although here I may be overplaying the Gasrooms significance. But despite faith being knocked in the summer vote and potentially being knocked even further by the imminent US vote, lets let democracy take its course. So what is it to be - would you prefer me to LEAVE or REMAIN.

If I remain, I will post broadly in the style of the Yeovil matchday thread. If you would rather I didn't, vote leave. I cant control or take responsibility for others posts. Either way you vote, I can guarantee there will not be an extra 350m to spend on the NHS!

Clear vote "Leave" or "remain" please. most votes as at midnight Wednesday gets it. Any new posters ignored. To quote the Clash, “you gotta let me now, should I stay or should I go”.

For what it's worth, (and if it goes as I suspect, to make the result slightly less lopsided), I vote REMAIN.

Comments

• You resigned from the old Gasroom a number of times, vowing to never come back. Though just like Fuck Face Farage, you never kept your word and reappeared.
    What makes us think you will honour your pledge this time ??

• Quite frankly I don't give a toss but would if you lost the overinflated ego, the overly long word count, the stupid generalisations, and the persecution complex I'd be happy to read your thoughts.

Not sure why you didn't include the poll though.

• Self-absorbed bollocks Dev.

If you don't want to be chased out of town by others, stay.

Nobody has the right to tell you to leave.

Equally, I'm sure the Gasroom will carry on just fine without you if you go.

• My goodness, starting a new thread just to fish for compliments is certainly audacious. Despite that though, I'm firmly in the REMAIN camp. Every board needs a devil's advocate and you play that role very well.

• Ridiculous. Get out from inside your own arse and make the decision yourself.

• edited October 2016

If you had one of these polls for every poster it would be a pretty quiet place around here.

• The first two responses sum up the point of this thread. I find them utterly tedious. Others who have to read this must find them more so.

Not fishing for compliments (I suspect that pond is empty). I understand the self-absorbed point Bill, just wanted to clear the air and either get on or stop.

• Will you honour the pledge this time Mr DevC ? As you have previous form on going back on your word. Not a difficult question for even the slimiest of candidates to answer.

• How nice it is to see you back, Mr tattler. Back not talking about WWFC , no ideas about how to improve the clubs prospects, no insight into what the problems and opportunities are, just witless personal attacks. And that is what everybody finds so crushingly boring.

• Ask the question ??

• Answer the question ?

• I'm firmly in the Remain camp.

(I think somewhere there is some work to be done on the effect of how far moving away from the HW homeland has on moving the tongue further into the cheek. It does appear - from my perspective on limited knowledge ad a lot of assumptions - that those closest to the centre are less likely to get/appreciate the rather warped sense of humour that some of us further away seem to possess)

• I vote Remain. Moreover I would probably initially see an overall vote for Leave as a failure by the Remain camp to get across the benefits of DevC's continued participation in the Gasroom, followed slowly by a dawning realisation that I had deeply misunderstood the level of disconnection and disenfranchisement felt by a majority of the constitutency, and that a Leave vote would be seen as a licence for an increasing focus on a single-minded adherence to light and dark blue to the exclusion of any other hue.

Oh, hang on...

• I hope like some opposition teams he has the temerity to prevail.

• Dev, get a grip of yourself. This is getting really cringey.

Post if you want to. Stop if you don't. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. That is pretty much how this works

• I'll forgive the misquotation of The Clash and say it's 150 % YES from me - REMAIN.

• Bet I can make you change your vote Micra if you are a Clash fan..

Almost too shy, shy to admit it, but until I looked it up, I remembered the song being by Kajagoogoo. Oops!

• Scandalous Dev. Watch your support flood away now

• The Gasroom has finally eaten itself.

• This is worse than when Tory Goon used to go on about the Dead Sea Scrolls

• REMAIN - people don't have to read your posts. Generally they are the most interesting posts on here and spark the most interesting debates, even if I don't always agree with what's being said.

• Dev, you must have realised a thread like this would instantly draw your 2 main critics in.

Although noone would have predicted so quickly! They must patrol any mention of your name!

• Absolutely REMAIN, although perhaps reduce the word count a little sometimes.

• REMAIN but make a concerted effort to keep threads discussing the original subject rather than going off at a tangent with your usual unrelated bollocks.

• @peterparrotface said:
    This is worse than when Tory Goon used to go on about the Dead Sea Scrolls

Post of the year!!!

• Definitely REMAIN. If talking bollocks is a gasroom crime then shut it down now.

• If you want to stay, feel free to, though don't get the hump when fellow Gasroomers have enough of you using another thread to wag your finger at anyone who dares question whether Gareth Ainsworth should remain as manager (using reasonable arguments at least) whilst not having watched the team play with any regularity, or being sceptical about the long term effects of trying to woo a sugar daddy to let us temporarily live beyond our means.

• Remain - despite this absurd poll. That said, I can't help but wonder if Dev and some of his most vociferous critics are all part of a subtle and quite brilliant troll perpetuated for years by a group of 4channers or somesuch. If so, hats off to you, it's genius. On the other hand if you are just Wycombe supporters, lay off the personal stuff, trim the post lengths a bit and debate the facts and opinions and not the personalities.

• How annoying the ignore facility doesn't remove old posts