Skip to content

Match day thread: Yeovil

Comments

• Kashket out ill apparently

• Is it me or have the daleks taken over the commentary?

• @Aelric i think they might have.

• We're back !!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!

• toothless #boring boring boring

• Where were you when we were winning?

• Of the games we won ..we played well in 1....

• we were garbage today - GA needs to stop picking his mates or he will be looking for a new job.

• We played excellently v Crewe, alright against a weak Exeter team, but played well against West Ham's kids.

So that's at least 2 good games of the 3 game run.

The away run is exceptionally poor now though. What a turnaround from a couple of years ago where we didn't lose on a Saturday for ages

• I wonder what possessed GA to play the tactics he did today ? Im sorry but its just not good enough to have no plan B

• This is what mid table obscurity looks like...inconsistent performances, some we will win, but we'll draw and lose more. The standard of football from both sides today was shockingly poor, and certainly not worth the long drive to Somerset. The only plus for me was a good performance from Danny Rowe, who is growing in strength and stature.

• agree Danny Rowe was excellent, shame the same couldn't be said about the rest of the shower of shite !

• Mentioned during the commentary that Bayo had some kind of bug. Apparently he was feeling very weak and was sweating at breakfast. With Kashket missing through illness, I wonder if there wasn't a bit of a bug/virus running through the squad, which may go towards explaining the very flat performance?

• Worst game I think I've ever seen.

Hope the ball made a full recovery.

• no when we lost at cambridge last season 1-0 was the worst game Ive ever seen from this team.

• Danny Rowe continues to impress, however it's Anthony Stewart who I think really stood out again. He was excellent yet yesterday and should be offered a new contract ASAP.

Paris put in a lot of running and created a couple of half chances. That aside we offered nothing all game. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that was one of the worst football matches I've seen. Barely a ball played on the floor by either team for 90 minutes.

• @DevC said:
    Worst game I think I've ever seen.

Incredible

• Any bad game at Yeovil is made worse by having to get to that god-forsaken hole in the first place (extra kudos points for the intrepid Chairboys and girls who did it on public transport)

• easy journey tbh, public transport isn't really an option being as the train station is 5 miles from the ground.

• I thought Stewart was superb, bringing the ball out from defence, taking players on and playing simple passes in to feet. Rowe, Gape and PCH did well, but other than that it really was a truly awful game.

Yeovil became the latest side to 'out-Wycombe' us, working extremely hard off the ball, pressing us all over the pitch and sucking us into a scrappy, long ball game.

• @DevC said:
    Worst game I think I've ever seen.

Graphically put, Dev. You may now have a better understanding of what more regular supporters had been reacting to before the first signs a few weeks ago that we might be turning a corner.
    The fact is that two important contributors to the recent improved form and performances were both ill - Akinfenwa was too poorly to take part in the pre-match warm-up and Kashket didn't travel.
    You and whose army could be right.

• they didn't suck us into a long ball game, we came out and started smashing it long from the first whistle, neither team deserved to win the game really and Lee Probert took 12 mins to give a free kick and kept the game flowing which really wasn't helping us either where as a ref who blew the whistle every five seconds would have made it easier for us to get something from the game.

• 10 fouls could have ment some yellows with a different ref, let's be thankful for that at least

• Hang on, Dev made it to a game?

Now, I didn't go, so I wonder if I start making massive long posts about Saturday's game, Dev might get a taster of some of his behaviour ;-)

• I think he is a very good referee - far too good for this level. How often do you see a FIFA Official on a League 2 game, yes he has been injured and is coming back but still.

• @EwanHoosaami , I like your positivity, but a couple of guys who aren't regular starters for us being out surely can't be much of a reason for us losing!

• Confession time @Malone. It was me clutching at straws of positivity as usual.

• And yes - I've just re-read both "Ewan's" and my own posts. Eminently credible contributory factors, I think, but let's hope the malaise spreads no further.

• Don't worry @micra , I'm all set to get back on the playoff bandwagon, but that away record has become an almighty burden now.