Skip to content

Comments

• that's a great report, Len.

Nico was fantastic today. His song - is it All Tomorrow's Parties?

• @our_frank said:
    that's a great report, Len.

Nico was fantastic today. His song - is it All Tomorrow's Parties?

All Tomorrow's Parties could possibly be a candidate for the world's worst football song. Maybe European Son could even be slightly worse.

• I heard fans were singing Femme Fatale, complete with strange Bucks pronunciation of clown

• edited March 2015

A complete rendition of Desert Shore should add a carnival atmosphere to Tuesday night's game

• Terrific report. I've eased up a bit - during the game, I was so disappointed by the middle 60 or so minutes, we seemed to give so much Salop. This is especially after I read an article midweek, documenting how we do adapt tactics for teams like we did last season - and I couldn't fathom then why Hayes was playing wide.

Reading this, as I say, has led me to believe we did defend superbly keeping them out for so long and hold pressure. When Holloway came on, and also when Hayes was briefly moved up top, we kept the ball much better.

Terrific report.

• V generous mark for Bean, 6 at best, bean was always on the team by the way Saunders came in for Ephrim at the warm up

• To Oakwood Exile -How can you dis Japan ? Secondly, I thought Bean did a solid job today. Saunders, whilst he played really well, did have some bad touches. All said and done, though, what a great performance today. Roll on Tuesday

• Thought bean was awful for 80 mins. .last 10 he did well but most of the time he aimlessly strolls around marking no one.

• Naa mate, disagree. Bean ran his heart out when the ball was anywhere near him and put himself in the thick of the action, out his body (and head!) on the line time and again.

Holloway lost most headers and though he could have scored a cracker did not track back and did not have nearly the commitment of the others. Lone wolf.

All said and done, fantastic win and well worth the journey.

• I couldn't make the game yesterday, but I'm fascinated at how Bean can be such a decisive figure. Half of the Gasroom saying he ran his heart out and played excellently, the other half saying he strolled around, and didn't contribute!

• I thought Bean had a decent game. The midfield three went almost man to man up to the trip,e substitution and negated the middle of the pitch so our wider players could take over. Bean is never going to put his foot on the ball and dominate a game but he closes spaces, niggles away and breaks up play. I suppose the decision on whether to like him or not is based on whether you want ball player or battler.

• I don't get to too many games due to finances, so my impressions come via Phil on Player. Marcus sounded like he'd be the one throwing himself on the grenade in the trench from the couple of mentions yesterday.

• I thought Bean started slowly, and their number 4 seemed to have the better of him for a while but came into the game more and more and certainly played his part in breaking up their attacking play. I guess we're still comparing him to Josh a bit.

• It's the fact that the game seems to pass Bean by that is frustrating, he almost always seems to almost get to the pitch of the ball butt never actually does, it is always bouncing over his head or he is on his heels when he should be on the front foot. He ghosts around like a ball player but isn't and doesn't get to the 50:50s like a ball winner either. Neither one thing or the other. Must be on the bench for Stanley on Tues

• He's a strange player to watch Bean. Most players have good games and bad games, but Bean manages to flit between brilliant and awful in a a matter of minutes, I guess that's why he divides opinion so much. One moment he's being tackled, or giving the ball away cheaply, then he'll suddenly be winning tackles, surging forward and linking the play up. What I will say is that he tends to finish matches strongly which is a great asset. Certainly a good player, just frustratingly inconsistent at times.

• Going forward I would have Sido back in at right back (when he's fit) and play Nico in front of the midfield. For me Bean seemed to be playing a zonal game, off the pace of the game by a couple of yards, I agree with a comment above "letting the game pass him by". Thought the rest of the team were outstanding and running their hearts out. Would also like to see Matty between the sticks come and claim a few more balls, a great shot stopper but want to see him dominate the box, he's certainly big enough. Very, very happy at 90 mins with a well deserved victory......also like the Bellhaven Black in the Vere Suite. Overall a very satisfying day and a very relaxing evening!

• Bearing in mind some of the poor midfielders we've had in the past especially in the Waddock era, I think Bean has been a good acquisition. He is a very experienced solid player who always gives his best. Has his faults like everyone playing at this level, but he would always start for me.

• Ozzie, that relaxing pint has given great clarity to your analysis, agreed with most of what you say. I felt Ingram came off his line at least 3 times yesterday (which is 3 times more than most weeks), punching rather than trying to catch, which is probably a good thing - more of the same please Mat. Agreed Sido back in asap, that said Nico is my first on the team sheet already, so play him where he fits best. Perhaps rest Saunders who seems to find the rough and tumble / pitch conditions of league 2 not part of his natural game, wonder if Murphy is due a run out against his old club, usually a bit of an incentive?

• First half playing 4-2-3-1 I thought both Bean and Bloomfield sat in front of their two strikers and blocked anything getting through. It was one reason we dominated the first half. To find any space Bennett and Collins had to run wide.

• I think each and every one put 110perc in that game. well done all.

• @NorsQuarters said:
    Naa mate, disagree. Bean ran his heart out when the ball was anywhere near him and put himself in the thick of the action, out his body (and head!) on the line time and again.

Holloway lost most headers and though he could have scored a cracker did not track back and did not have nearly the commitment of the others. Lone wolf.

All said and done, fantastic win and well worth the journey.

This isn't Roy of the Rovers, Holloway won a few critical defencive corners. If you couldn't see our change of fortunes, then new specs for Easter pressie.

Anyway how do you GA orders for Holloway wasn't to stay high up the field to prevent the back coming to far forward?

• Holloway was really good when he came on and actually turned the game back into our favour. For me Bean was off the pace for 80% of the game. If Sido is fit then I would simply put Nico back in that role and ask Bean to stand down.

• Bean struggle to get in the game for the first 45 but in the second half I thought he was outstanding. Would love to see him do well - maybe his best position is just in front of the central defenders like yesterday.?

• Also, I thought the ref was excellent yesterday - why can't they all be like that..Let the game flow spotted their throw in tactics and generally had a good game.

• @cider: vision 20/20 mate, perhaps too critical but like the WWFC dressing room quote, 'Hard word beats talent, If talent doesn't work hard'. Marcus worked hard, Aaron not so much.

@bluesince: It was right to sub Fred for a big man up top, just seemed not to win headers and to use his finesse more than his bulk. I know this is the fourth tier so I'm not expecting miracles, just expressing my informed view as an avid spectator (at last) and diehard Wycombe fan.

Nice to be at the match with the nippers, get the win and have a bit of banter afters...the Gasroom is dead. Long live the Gasroom!

• Holloway is 22 and been out with injuries for a long time,
    I think hes come far in the time hes been here so think we should give him some Credit? And all the rest of the team for that matter.

• Gaz praised Holloway on BBC radio, he has a languid style which can be deceptive , he changed things on Sat putting Shrews off their game, the shot was outstanding, credit to the big man, offers something different to the team

• @NorsQuarters:
    Game of opinions fellow chairboy.

Gimme a paint brush and I will volunteer to add "Win headers and use finesse more than your bulk".

That should do it...

• Crédit to GA to. The bond he and the lads have is fantastic, and thats what makes us a strong team . Roll on Tuesday.

• Personally I thought Aaron was fantastic in the time he was on. Was excellent at holding the ball up, often with two men climbing all over his back. He also provided the first line of defence from Shrewsbury corners at the near post. Added to which for a big unit, he has no shortage of good first touch, at least equal to Beavon at bringing the ball down from height. Would love to see more game time for him.