Skip to content

Goalkeeper signs

2»

Comments

• Pierre is a fantastic defender. One of the very best in our league and the one above. He's not quite so hot at passing the ball or converting chances at corners.

He'd be in my team any day of the week.

• Tend to agree @mooneyman. Was magnifico Saturday alongside Stewart.

• Insider appears to be the new richiemayes. Best to ignore his / her attempts to get a reaction.

• Five different keepers in five consecutive league games must be fairly unusual.

• At the end of last season Jamal Blackman was on loan to Ostersund in Sweden. Last night this happened to his replacement:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/16/swedish-match-abandoned-goalkeeper-masked-intruder-ostersund-jonkoping-sodra

• As one who remembers only too painfully the era of being fenced in like cattle, and the tragic consequences at Hillsboro as a result, don't underestimate the seriousness of events like this. God forbid, there has to be a real risk that at some stage somewhere a nutter like this may lead with a knife rather than his fist and then who knows what the reaction would be. Worrying.

• Judging by the players I think the attacker needed protective custody! Reminded me of Archer a few years back, the culprit there got a 5 year ban, which seems short considering attacking a professional sportsman could end his carreer.

• @drcongo . As the head honcho on the site, if you're that sure he's the WUM behind Richie Mayes (and whatever that other login was), why not just delete him at source?

• @aloysius having been in big stadiums and witnessed the furious hatred against certain players, it's quite amazing there hasn't been a real bad incident already. Would only take one idiot

• @malone, I didn't say it was the same person. I meant that they're just the latest troll.

• re. Pierre, I thought he actually picked out some decent passes tonight along the deck, he clearly has more to him than just the Distribution Dave Winfield style of 'pass'.