Skip to content

Who should be captain?

2»

Comments

• Paul, isn't it?

• That's the guy.

I've done that a few times myself in fairness; once during 14/15 I turned to my mate during a game and loudly announced "I bloody love Steve Hayes".

I was lucky to get out alive.

• Got to be Hayes.

Although clearly well loved by the team, JJ isn't commanding enough vocally enough the pitch, for me, to be Captain.

Hayes is clearly towing the Ainsworth line, and even last season when he wasn't playing brilliantly he was still dictating the whole side.

Also, I think Blooms is club captain.

• Hayes should be stripped of the captaincy if that ceremonial handing over of the armband nonsense persists when he's substituted

It's fucking embarrassing

• Hayes is captain for me. His continual encouragement/cajoling of the team is the best I have seen for many years. Personally I can't see the problem of handing over the armband to JJ if Hayes is substituted

• @eric_plant said:
    Hayes should be stripped of the captaincy if that ceremonial handing over of the armband nonsense persists when he's substituted

It's fucking embarrassing

?

• It's Paul Hayes for me every time, he seems to have the respect from the team which is what is most important.