Skip to content

Akinfenwa

13»

Comments

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    Brilliant signing and great to be proved wrong...I thought when we signed him it was the wrong kind of player however for me he is our player of the season so far

Have you also rescinded your 'useless signing' comment re Scott Kashket yet?

I wouldn't criticise anyone who was sceptical about Akinfenwa at the start of the season. After all, most of us had seen him play and @aloysius makes some good points above about the assumption he'd be partnered with Thompson and Hayes to form the slowest frontline ever.

I tend to be more concerned about people who dismiss signings that they've never even seen play.

• @arnos_grove said:
    I tend to be more concerned about people who dismiss signings that they've never even seen play.

You are a very sad person ...you have to criticise people comment ...get a life . In regards to Katchet...very happy that I have been proved wrong. #foxinthebox

• @aloysius - The counter argument could also made that Kashket would not have been so prolific without the Beast alongside him.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    You are a very sad person ...you have to criticise people comment ...get a life . In regards to Katchet...very happy that I have been proved wrong. #foxinthebox

I think you'll find Katchet is a goalkeeper.

• @micra What about that "Ketchup" fellow, heard he can play in a variety of positions?

• 57 ? you must be joking.

• We'd all probably look idiots over some predictions and comments if brought up months later.
    The concerns with Akinfenwa playing alongside our already slow and threatless attack of last year was very valid.
    The plan to play him with pace? Genius.

As long as people admit they were wrong, it's fair enough I think.

The funniest thing is when people are ferociously anti Ainsworth week In week out, and then completely disappear for months when it's going well.
    The WWFC page has a few posters just like that. On there all evening every week, then suddenly disappear.

• edited January 2017

@Wwfc2015_ said:

My final comment for you. A tragic, angry character who thinks they can abuse managers, players etc as long as they trot out the 'happy to be proved wrong' cliché. You are an arsehole of the highest order and this spit and sawdust club would be better off without the likes of you. You'll be back slagging and sledging the second we have a bad run - a sad individual indeed.

• Don't lower yourself mate. The guy is clearly either a fool, or a wind up merchant. Probably both.

"Katchet" LOL

• @arnos_grove said:
    My final comment for you. A tragic, angry character who thinks they can abuse managers, players etc as long as they trot out the 'happy to be proved wrong' cliché. You are an arsehole of the highest order and this spit and sawdust club would be better off without the likes of you. You'll be back slagging and sledging the second we have a bad run - a sad individual indeed.

Hahha your a cretin..get a life . I'm in Mexico with my family....I wonder what your doing ? Probably getting off on critiquing people . #crerin

• Crerin!

• @Malone said:
    Crerin!

You also need to get a life #CRETIN

• @Wwfc2015_ Surprised the Mexicans let you in their country!

• he'll be sat in his mum's house, alternating between penning abuse on here, and jelking himself silly

• @mooneyman said:
    Wwfc2015_ Surprised the Mexicans let you in their country!

If ever there was a reason to build that wall

• Haha some so.called wycombe fans on here are prices. At least I have had the courtesy to say when I am wrong...some of you pricks and are bullies. I would love to meet you face to face to see if you have the balls to bully me then.

• To me, he's got the best touch of any of our forwards. Always manages to get on the end of a long ball and great lay-offs. He's not just a novelty by any stretch.

• Just started reading this thread. How views change eh? He's doing a job for us so what's the issue?

• @Wwfc2015_ Mate, everyone has the right to an opinion, and you have called the players shit, the football shit, said you're never going to come back and watch rubbish er...but that's it. No real opinion on the particular game or events on it...no real comment beyond angry barking...but if anyone argues with you, you immediately respond with so-called fans, cretins, pricks, happy with mediocrity, and requests for a a bit of face to face with 'bullies' etc etc. That's why people enjoy quoting your bile back to you. We all get it...you're not a special case.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Wwfc2015_ Mate, everyone has the right to an opinion, and you have called the players shit, the football shit, said you're never going to come back and watch rubbish er...but that's it. No real opinion on the particular game or events on it...no real comment beyond angry barking...but if anyone argues with you, you immediately respond with so-called fans, cretins, pricks, happy with mediocrity, and requests for a a bit of face to face with 'bullies' etc etc. That's why people enjoy quoting your bile back to you. We all get it...you're not a special case.

We all say things when emotions are high. I did say at the beginning of the season that this was the best squad of players we have ever had In the late 10 years or so ...we were under performing early season and I was wrong g to make certain comments...I have said that I was a wrong and glad that I have been proved wrong however certain people just drum on about previous comments...can't we move on with this? I was wrong and I said so.

• To be fair that's a pretty conciliatory post by Mr 2015.

I'd suggest we draw a line here chaps.

• @Lloyd2084 said:

To be fair that's a pretty conciliatory post by Mr 2015.

I'd suggest we draw a line here chaps.

Good work Lloyd have you considered working for the UN?

• Wendoverman! So did you not think the football was shit earlier in the season? It was and even if Wwfc2015 said so, I am sure as a supporter, he dearly wanted it to improve, as did we all. The truth is that the turnaround in form is far better than any of us could have anticipated.

• @Blue_since_1990 I got no sense at all from his posts that he 'dearly wanted it to improve'. All I could ascertain was attention seeking bawling and repeated empty threats that he was done with watching the team.

That said, I respect the apology eventually offered above and just hope there's a bit more reason and perspective offered the next time that we're in a sticky run of form.

• @Blue_since_1990 we certainly had a bad start and it was not pretty and I had concerns but WWfc's early season work consisted of just braying about how poor the signings were and how shit everything was and how if anyone thought it wasnt shit we were all cretins looking through rose-coloured glasses who needed to smell the coffee and threatening not to come any more. Perhaps I was a bit more optimistic...as I thought we had a long season ahead. Then he went silent for a long period when...in short...we started winning. He was soooo very angry and belligerent people were naturally amused to quote some of his rantings back at him when he came back. I'm pleased he is happy now...but to accuse people of bullyingthe poor old soul....naaah.

• Having said all that I welcome the new look Mr 2015 who seems to be enjoying this end of the season. Long may it last.