Skip to content

New kit

Comments

• Think all the kits barring the GK away look great...look slick and modern . Hopefully will be followed by an exciting brand of football

• It's a horrible kit, and looks as though it's been designed by about 4 people, none of whom had access to each other's design before it was put together

• Agreed Eric, a mess, the shorts look like they belong to another kit , a right lash together from the lost property box. V disappointing after last seasons classy kit, especially when it had been in prep so long and hyped by the club.

• All this 'never mess with tradition' stuff. When I started supporting Wycombe there wasn't a quarter to be seen. Did we mess with tradition by reintroducing them? Didn't we play in halves once upon a time?

• Who's said "never mess with tradition"?

• edited July 2016

According to Luke O'Nien (wearing the new striped outfield kit on twitter), Keeper Barry Richardson played a big part in the designs.

Luke O'NienVerified account
    @LukeONien
    Loving the new @wwfcofficial kit!
    @bazricho1 has done a great job with @ONeills1918 !

• edited July 2016

Today I discovered that Cambridge Blue is actually green. So, while I'm glad they didn't actually use Cambridge Blue, I'm not very keen on the light blue they have used. Much prefer a less saturated pale blue. Looks classier.

wikipedia
    http://www.colorhexa.com/a3c1ad

• Well that's an unpleasant colour.

• The stripes are a bit dodgy but for the most part it all seems quite good.

• BRING BACK VANDANEL

• @eric_plant said:
    Who's said "never mess with tradition"?

I didn't put it in quotes for that reason. Just summing up an undercurrent that's always there when someone messes with the quarters. I just remember a few years when we didn't play in them.

• Don't get me wrong, I love the quarters and would hate to move away from them

But I just think this kit looks a bit of a mess. Plenty of folk seem to like it though, so I might be in the minority. Let's hope it sells well.

Perhaps we do well selling it to Akinfenwa's thousands of twitter followers

• Is Akinfenwa that much of a commercial draw? Are people really following clubs just to watch him? I know little about the bloke to be honest but as we play hoofball already we might as well do it properly.

• He's much loved by the FIFA generation

Fair play to him, he's a brilliant self-publicist. And he actually comes across as a very likeable bloke

• I don't think there are many (England-based) players outside the Premier League as famous as he is. Who knows whether we can convert that into extra ticket sales.

• At least it's not a two-year deal. Seems to be upsetting Plymouth fans which is never a bad thing.

• Going on Twitter stats, Wycombe have 39,000 followers, Akinfenwa has 185,000, YouTube, Wycombe, 2,000, Akinfenwa 257,000 with guest shots on many popular channels. There's a strong possibility that his 'cult of personality' will put much needed bums in seats, replica sales and possible bumps us up the TV coverage list.

• No doubt commercially will be good for club just not sure on the pitch

• Loving the White away kit and them stripe socks. Awesome.

• For those of you who were anxious to know what the 'figure hugging' look would do to those of us with an (ahem) 'larger' physique

• I am with you M3G

• I hate the new home shirt as i don't understand why it had to have lines across the dark blue quarters. Akinfenwa looks like a nightclub bouncer,i doubt that's smaller than XXX Large fat bastard size that i could make a tent out of.

• It doesn't look the best, but then they're football shirts, which are barely fashion statements at the best of times.
    Last years was probably my favourite since the classic O Neill day ones.

And when you go to a characterless all white shirt, that yellowy orange one suddenly looks really interesting!

• Like the away kit and the 1st choice keepers kit. Home kit..... Hmmmm... Not awful but think much thinner "pinstripes" across the dark blue would have looked better??...

• You won't see them unless you're pitchside

• You bloody will!!!

• I shall have to go to Specsavers.

• Haha @micra !!! They are not what I would call "pinstripes" more unnecessary bloody great strikes through the dark blue!!!

• Who really cares? Aren't we watching the football and not a bleeding fashion show ?