Skip to content

Any word on a pre-season tour abroad yet?

2»

Comments

• @micra Must be a club stooge. A reasonable point with poor grammar is criticised....for poor grammar

• edited June 2016

"Did you have a hand in this @Ciderk1d ?"

No @micra; Haven't got into the swing of anything yet, apart from seeing other L2 clubs doing their recruitment business and looking forward to who's going to partner and supply the service to Hayes/Thommo and bag a few in the friendlies.

• Does anyone remember roughly when we did sign Paul Hayes et al a couple of years ago? I seem to remember it as fairly soon after Torquay

• @bookertease , we'd signed Hayes, Pierre and Jombati well before now.

Murphy was 20 June, and Jacobsen was 1st July.

• Think of the positives though - we haven't yet sold Pierre...

• @LX1 - punctuation (lack/incorrect use), not grammar. @micra is nobody's stooge. Always been a maverick.
    It was rude of me to criticise @brittanywanderer's post.

• Thanks Malone

• @micra sorry bit of a snap reaction there. not even sure what I meant

• Bumped into one of our venerable local Councillors yesterday and thought I might be able to prise an indication from him of how changes in Green Belt regulations might benefit the Wanderers. He merely repeated what he told me a few months ago - ie that the Council had been discussing the construction of a relief road/track across Lord Carrington's land when Wasps were still here but all changed when they departed because, as he put it, "rugby players (sic) spend £50 on drink but footballers (sic) spend 1/6 on a cup of tea", so the cost was prohibitive.
    Makes yer sic donit.

• Roads are expensive, but I've always marvelled at why the quarter of a mile between Toweridge lane and Hillbottom Road was never connected up.

• Topography perhaps?

• @micra So does that mean football crowds are more responsible and prefer to drive home sober, whereas the chino pisspant brigade don't give two hoots and will drive their 4x4 Range Rovers in whatever state they happen to be in?

• @EwanHoosaami , it'd be an interesting/worrying experiment, if they did some tests on all those who sit in the Vere Suite after the game boozing it up then drive straight out.

I bet plenty are well over the limit.

• I'd wager last year was the worst - impossible to watch sober! So I was at least a pint up on my norm (although I don't drive there)

• Bucks County Council used to have a lot of drink drive stuff up in the car park when the pests were in town. Bearing in mind they can booze all game, I'd imagine it was pretty rife at the rugger.

• I've been to hundreds of games of rugby. Not once have I driven home having had a drink

That was a sweeping generalisation based on nothing more than ill informed prejudice. As stupid as someone saying all football fans are thugs

• Oh come on, their faces are that ruddy for a reason

• Just interested that the County Council road safety team ran quite a lot of drink driving advertising for the period the pests were in town. Perhaps a coincidence but someone obviously thought it was a crowd worth targeting.

• I apologise for unwittingly allowing this thread to morph into into a discussion of the drinking habits of the patrons, past and present, of Adams Park. I blame the Councillor.

• Le Havre match confirmed on official site

• Bonnet de douche

• Excellent.

• Shower cap?

• Mangetout LX! Mangetout my friend!

• Flipping long way from Le Havre though. WWFC to move training ground to Newquay?

• Do we think there'll be a club run trip to this one?

Or is it a bit of an ask on a mere coach!

• Could be tricky after match as evening kick off. I imagine most will be too drunk to care

• does anyone remember what this trip cost last year, did anyone go on the "official" trip, rather than just wade your own way?

Just wondering how much fun sitting on a coach miles into France would be...longer than a northern trip for certain!

• Does anyone know if we will be playing a friendly in France/Spain pre-season this year?