Skip to content

Any word on a pre-season tour abroad yet?

Always great fun

Comments

• After the media/communications farce of where the Avranches game was being played
    last season, perhaps they are going to go one better and name the venue after the match has been concluded.

• I was out with a dozen Oxford fans on the last day of the season. They were planning their tip to meet up with the Oxford United tour. I cannot remember the exact details as I was sulking a bit. But the idea is Oxford announce a tour to a tourist area of Spain. Fans please yourselves, an agenda of games, open training sessions and meet and greet. Over 1000 fans signed up before promotion guaranteed. Very well organised with little more than a published agenda.

• It will be a mystery tour, that way they cannot cock it up two years in a row.

• France again according to my sources

• Thought we were supposed to be short of money,if so where does the money come from for these pre season tours and does the cost translate into better results.?

• It wouldn't surprise me if a pre season friendly in northern France costs less in travel and accommodation than a match against Hartlepool. It is great for morale and team building.

• It's seems especially beneficial for integrating new signings into the squad. Caen away would be nice!

• edited June 2016

My French is pretty gash, but it looks like we may have a friendly away at Havre on the 12th July. http://www.hac-foot.com/actualite/matchs-de-preparation-le-programme-du-hac.html

• Good detective work. Although it'll turn out a week before to actually be being held in Caen.

• I don't know when this was organised but I think it's pretty poor that this sort of information is not publicised

• According to the Le Havre site it's being held in Sarzeau, which looks like a lovely Breton seaside turn

• Using Google to translate, it does seem we have a friendly arranged.

At the request of US coach Du CDT, it is this summer 4 friendly matches which are programs Havrais players spread throughout the month of July during the preparation phase. The Ciel & Marine who resume the road to drive on June 22 will spend the first days with the medical staff to make an individual physical checkup and prepare recovery programs tailored to each player. The Hacmen therefore should not tread the land before Sunday 26 or Monday, June 27 The first of the four preparation matches will be played Tuesday, July 5 facing Chambly, a National training, it will also be the opportunity to meet former goalkeeper Simon Pontdemé Havre. The venue of this match and schedule are yet to be determined. Then direction of Brittany and the Morbihan Gulf of 8 to 15 July for the course that Ciel & Marine will perform at Port Crouesty (home and part of the bodybuilding internship) and in Sarzeau (training ground). It is on this ground that Havrais will play their second match against England Wycombe Wanderers (League 2 = D4) on 12 July at 19:30. Back of the course Bob Bradley and his players enchaîneront two meetings of preparation, the traditional trophy UJSF Normans face to SM Caen on July 16 at 17:30 in Honfleur then moving to Laval on Friday 22 at 18:30 (stadium Francis Le Basser) for a final appointment to a just week the resumption of the championship. EL

Calendar of preparation matches:
    Tuesday, July 5: Chambly - HAC (time and location to be determined)
    Tuesday, July 12: HAC - Wycombe Wanderers (GB) 19:30 Sarzeau
    Saturday, July 16: HAC - Caen at 17:30 in Honfleur
    Friday, July 22: Laval - HAC at 18:30 Laval

next match
    Last match
    Calendar
    Preparation
    05/07/2016 Chambly - HAC
    Preparation
    07/12/2016 HAC - Wycombe Wanderers (ENG)
    Preparation
    07/16/2016 HAC - Caen
    Preparation
    07/22/2016 Laval - HAC
    full schedule
    Ranking
    SUBSCRIPTIONS 2016/2017Subscriptions 2016/2017
    TWITTERTwitter

• Did you have a hand in this @Ciderk1d ?

• @eric_plant In fairness, the article I found appears to have only been published today.

• Sounds great if true, although provides some welcome logistical problems in the unlikely event England get to the final 2 days earlier!

• Hopefully someone can clarify after last year's debacle over the venue of the actual match not being properly publicised - the match is not being played at Le Havre's Stade Océane but at a training ground in Sarzeau, some 250 miles away in Brittany?

• Open to public at all?

• Why don't we wait for WWFC to put an official announcement out? How on earth can they clarify something they haven't yet made?

• https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Havre_AC
    They should be pretty good they play in
    2nd tier of french football.

• See their culture bit. Club anthem is sung to the tune of God save the Queen. And interesting bit about their kit.

• Leicester's Kante came from there, or was it Mahrez?

• Love their badge!

• @Watford_Blue that is great stuff with the kit and anthem. Hope this is happening. Imagine singing the national anthem in France ahead of a Wycombe match.

• Can we bother to wait for an official announcement from wwfc after last year's rubbish attempt .

• I remember going on holiday to Brittany as a kid and seeing the menhirs (standing stones) which are near this place. Obelix has confirmed his availabilty to Le Havre for this friendly

• @brittanywanderer I can be bothered yes.

• it'll be very expensive by the time we get the details out...
    I wouldn't book anything until you get a guarantee where exactly the games are being played

• The French won't let us in once we are out of the EU!

• I bothered to wait last year in the days up to the match contacted wwfc twice without a sensible reply so I found out the ground they we're playing at and kick off time from elsewhere no problem.

• Crikey. Only one punctuation mark and that misplaced. I got the gist though.