Skip to content

Matt McClure

2»

Comments

• As an alternative, what about bringing Dan Fitchett back. Has scored 20 odd goals for Sutton United this season in a side that now tops Conference South after beating their nearest rivals Ebbsfleet in from of more than 3,000 at Gander Green Lane on Saturday.

• Ugwu would score 20 goals in Conference South, thats your answer !!

• I thought Dan Fitchett had the talent to be a decent player. Nice to hear he's banging the goals in for Sutton United

• I'm inclined to agree with @rmjlondon re Gozie Ugwu. He managed half a dozen in a few months with Yeovil in League 1 last season. He'll be hoping to score tonight!

• Yeovil in League 1 or Sutton Utd in Conference South, hmmmm big big difference.

• The number of ex Wycombe players in the Conference South really is a sad indictment of just how much dross we've had to put up with over the years. Not counting ex Youth teamers there's: Elliot Benyon, James Harper, Craig Eastmond, Stuart Lewis, Nick Arnold, Matt Spring + players like Sergio and Bull who've dropped down too.

• Craig Eastmond certainly wasn't dross when he played for us. I wonder what happened to him that he's now playing at that level.

• True, just included him in the list. I imagine having him running the midfield is one of the reasons Sutton have managed to win the league ahead of big spending Ebbsfleet.

• looking at both squads they both must have massive budgets, there will be players there on league 2 wages. It depends on the player what they want really money or league football.

• A midfield three of Eastmond, Lewis and Spring might actually be an improvement on Bean, McGinn and Bloomfield. I wonder whether a Benyon-Hayes partnership may have produced more goals than Thompson-Hayes too!

• Spring could pass a ball and score a goal, but was at the end when he came here.

• Spring was dreadful, as was Benyon.

• Eastmond certainly can't be included in a dross list. He was immense for us, and only injuries ruined him.
    Lewis didn't need to drop to that level either, low end league 2 or conference easily.

Harper was premier league at his peak, but things change, motivations and injuries kick in

• Eastmond didn't wanna play league football, he was happier getting a job and playing part time and probably making more money than some of our players playing full time.

• Bean is a significantly better player than Stuart Lewis.

• Anyone who thought Eastmond was shit simply hadn't seen him play.

• Richie, that is your most mental post yet.
    Absolute bunkum.