Skip to content

Barnet Preview

2»

Comments

• @rmjlondon said:
    I am saying I bet they will play, its gaz as usual all talk in the paper to make people think we are the underdog, it gets on my nerves and I hope he leaves in the summer now

I hope you leave in the summer instead

• @EwanHoosaami it's one thing to think Ainsworth is the best manager we could have, you can make a solid argument for that, but let's not lionise him too much. I imagine plenty other lower league managers also help out fixing nets etc and you'd find hundreds of applicants willing to tick that box if it was part of the job description. Let's not develop an unhealthly cult of personality around GA. There are many reasons for him staying as our manager next season but caretaking skills isn't one of them.

• Well, that's pretty much how it is. We are nearly always going to have a low budget. Don't forget, (I'm assuming we are in the same position from when the trust first took over), we are not allowed a big overdraft, if any at all. No philanthropist to keep pouring funds in, as such we operate with what we have coming in and little or no fall back. It will always come down to raising more funds like it or lump it.

• so how do clubs like barnet have a bigger budget than us then

• They don't owe their ex chairman 1.5m?

• are we even paying it

• looks like I was right, both played and finished the game

• edited April 2016

• chris your a massive tool

• The Barnet answer is simple, money comes from the hiring out of nine football pitches, 2 3G pitches, gym, banqueting, conferencing, medical centre and international clubs who train at the Hive before they play at Wembley.

• @rmjlondon said:
    chris your a massive tool

"you're". Unless you are saying that @chris has a massive tool?

• Surely he meant to say you've a massive tool rather than you're!

• It's hard to tell. My kids are more literate.

• @trevor The Hive is an excellent facility which makes the football club a lot of money. The stadium will be improved over the summer with a larger all-seater stand replacing the terrace at the away end, with the home terrace similarly being replaced further on in the future.

• Barnet will 100% finish higher than us next season.

• @trevor That you have to ask if we are paying Steve Hayes' loan back to him just shows how grossly uninformed you really are about all things relating to this club.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    Barnet will 100% finish higher than us next season.

Sorry to be a picky old fart but what does "100%" add to your otherwise perceptive and thoughtful comment?

• @micra said:
    Sorry to be a picky old fart but what does "100%" add to your otherwise perceptive and thoughtful comment?

You are being a picky old fart... You know what I meant by that comment. There are not many team that I have seen at Adams Park who we have outplayed. Was impressed by Barnet yesterday though.

• And, young man, how many teams have outplayed us? Do you not share the view that a few changes in personnel and a tweaking of the system would produce dividends?

• the only reason we don't get outplayed is we don't have a go, keeping 8 men behind the ball does that, the art of defending isn't as hard as the art of scoring goals which we don't.

• So as it stands we just need a Mahrez and a Vardy and we will be rising up the ranks! Seriously, it looks like GA is trying out different formations with the personel at his disposal, the Trust is paying off our debt and the MD is doing what he can to get in funds...

We still have a pretty good record and although I along with all other WWFC fans are crushed when the lads don't bring home the bacon every week most of us agree that kneejerk reactions and wild speculation without an alternative plan are just childish and irresponsible. As are the nitpicking reactions from our contributers who have mastered English writing and can spot an error. Give yourself a quiet pat on the back for having noticed and see what the person meant! Or not, what do I care...

But about WWFC I care immensely, and hope we still have something to play for when I'm over for the Accy game. Fat chance maybe, yet hope springs eternal!)

• Great post!

• All this doom and gloom! Makes me almost glad that a sudden illness prevented me from attending the game. Instead had to listen to the commentary from Stoke Mandeville whilst doing a good impression of Bart Simpson with a fake tan! Match sounded awful, so if there was a good time to get jaundice, this was it. Back out of hospital now, not sure I'm looking forward to the Yeovil match.

• There'll be a small gate - guarantee of a good performance and goals!